PDA

View Full Version : UI Settings question

Karmie
07-01-2009, 05:57 AM
Hi Im new to the forums I did some searching and couldnt find an answer to what I think is a simple question so here goes. I was wondering what/which files you need to copy between characters to have them share the same layout, window positions, firends lists, macros, keybinds and settings. I have tried copying subfolders inside the WTF folder as well as the inndividual files themselves and as this works for some/most of the layout etc. it doesnt copy everything. Any ideas or direction plz? Thanks in advance ;p

Bloodwraith
07-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Check your addon profiles section. They might be there but not by default.

Karmie
07-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Check your addon profiles section. They might be there but not by default.

Some of the addons have profiles which is obviously not an issue but Im more concerned with ex. chat windows positions, amount etc. I assume there has to be some files that contain these settings that I could just copy over from 1 toon to another same account or a different account.

Bloodwraith
07-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Macros for all characters:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/macros-cache.txt and
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/macros-local.txt

Macros for specific characters:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Realm>/<Character Name>/macros-cache.txt
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Realm>/<Character Name>/macros-local.txt

Various standard UI parameters:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Config.wtf
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/SavedVariables.lua

AddOn configuration:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/SavedVariables/AddOnName.lua and
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Realm>/<Charname>/SavedVariables/AddOnName.lua

The on-screen layout of visible UI elements:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Realm>/<Character Name>/layout-cache.txt

Your chat settings:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/<Realm>/<Character Name>/chat-cache.txt

Your key bindings:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Account Name>/bindings-cache.wtf
Your character specific keybindings:
../World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<Realm>/<Char>/bindings-cache.wtf