PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy

Todar
06-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I moved to another server recently, so that I can raid more. Currently guildless, so I roll a paladin just to check out the class(Prot warrior is my main). Never rolling a paladin made this fun so far (lvl 16) I decided to go Prot all the way to 80. People are telling me that I am crazy, an i should go with ret, Well in my eyes if I go ret, I will wanna stay that way an not learn the mechanics or tanking as a paladin. So should I go ret? or am I crazy for wanting to stay Prot?

loquatious
06-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Crazy

xenogriff
07-01-2009, 05:13 PM
meh, go aoe pull about 8 quest mobs, kill them and live....then ask them who's crazy

Tarigar
07-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I know countless people who did this... I would go ret till 55/58 then go prot when you actually have cool toys :).

I leveled as prot on my warrior from 60-70 and then again from 70-80... but I am a nut job

solocommand
07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Been tanking since forever, but I still level as ret. Prot may have more survivability, and be able to AoE pull tons of crap, but ret just kills faster. As far as I'm concerned, that's about all that matters when I'm grinding up to the new level cap :P

protonly
07-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Go lolret. It can't be easier. Once you hit about 50 and can get most of your core abilities, it is just too easy. I much prefer prot but lolret will allow you to level like a million times faster.

I will warn you - it is pretty much brainless and requires no skill...you just mash like four buttons and then wait 9 or 6 seconds but stuff dies very quickly.

Todar
07-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Update:

lvl 27, an have my wife leveling with me(Warlock) the only downside so far is, if I have to heal were screwed, maybe tonight I will respec ret till 50 an go back prot. thanks...

MasterDave
07-06-2009, 09:55 PM
IMO this far into a raid cycle, stay ret until you can soak up enough tank gear to actually tank.

Not many groups are going to want a scrub geared tank when they're looking for a 2.5hr Naxx25 badge run. They will however take scrub geared DPS all day long because they know at least bad DPS won't wipe them (mostly). Same goes for heroics. You're gonna see a lot of elitism soon with heroics and old instance runs now that you're going to be able to get T9 level gear by running enough of them. (or at least T8 from naxx badges). It's not pretty but that's how it goes on a lot of servers, but the upside is that you can gear a player in a lot less runs if you get the right groups that can speed clear an instance and don't mind you lingering at the bottom of the DPS charts.

Better yet, suck it up and get your dual spec and if you can find people who don't mind a tank with 10k less HP than their friend in T9 you can go tanking things and if not you just sit back and DPS your way to a decent tank set by getting with people who don't need the gear.

Snippy
07-14-2009, 10:58 AM
Go ret. You kill things 10x faster!!!

I tanked everything up till BC when I leveled my pally as a ret. Just pop on your threat and you're gtg!