PDA

View Full Version : DK looking for advice on spec for Vezax.

Sadysmic
06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
So, I've been designated my guilds Vezax tank, and I'm just looking for some advice. For a guild who hasn't downed him yet on 25 man, which spec makes it the easiest on the healers, Blood or Frost? Currently I am Blood, but we seem to be running into a problem where there is a span of about 1-3 seconds where I don't receive any direct healing due to healers running for the green pools, and I can't help but wonder if I might be hurting the raid by simply having a larger health pool instead of the more mitigation and extra damage reducing cooldown that Frost brings to the table. I know that the fight is doable as is, but like I said, I can't help but wonder if I'm simply making the fight harder on my healers than it needs to be at this point.

BlazeDale
06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
While I cannot give you any advice for how to tank General being a Pally myself, I can say that if your healers are going through all 7 vapor spawns and are still OOM there is two things that could be happening. DPS are not coordinating the kill(the fight is lasting too long), or healers are not using the vapors to the fullest(they need to take more stacks from the vapor to get more mana back).

You really want your casters utilizing the buff from the shadow crashes as much as possible. If they do this correctly you will start to see General going down very rapidly.

Also if you healers are going oom they need to get better at taking stacks from the Vapors to get more mana back.

You dying from not receiving heals is not your fault.

Sadysmic
06-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Understandable, but I'm missing the heals by less than a second. I just want to know if Frost would give me even one second more to live, allowing me to recieve those heals.

Sadysmic
06-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Bump, really would like some opinions from the pro's here.

Vlad
06-30-2009, 10:53 PM
I tank Vezaxx blood spec in 25's no problems, just recycle IBF on the Surge of Darkness, don't bother kiting.
Blood will possibly still the the best (after Druids) in 3.2 because you can cycle IBF on the first Surge of Darkness, then on the second VB 15% health increase with GS from a priest (I'd blow a dodge trinket like monarch crab or Heart of Iron here too) and healers will get 75% healing bonus on you and you'll have an AD like save.

Pruke
06-30-2009, 10:57 PM
I use blood for tanking him in 10 hard and 25. We use 6 healers for the fight. If your healers are running OOM you may want to look at your raid damage. People have to dodge shadow crashes. Only healers should stand in vapors so DPS doesnt need a heal. Ranged DPS only DPS's while in a shadow crash to concerve mana. No need to kite him, just use IBF ever surge. Can throw in other CD's if they want even more mitigation I guess.