PDA

View Full Version : Pally seeking advice

Kittygrinda
06-28-2009, 06:24 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmourne&n=Cowardlee)

I'm an old school prot warrior who has recently converted his old holy pally to tankadin. A lot of what there is about pallies these days is new to me, and I was hoping to throw a few question to those more learned than myself.

I've been 80 for about a week now and, as impatient as I can be, am chomping at the bit to get into some MT raiding roles. I'm constantly comparing myself to my warrior and definately feel a lot more squishy than he. In fact, several times during a heroic I've had healers ask me if i was def capped.

Is there anything I am particularly missing as far as gem/chant/gear selection goes? Should I be focusing more on Block than I am, and if so, how do I do this without sacrificing stam?

Thanks

P.S: My next emblem purchase will be the chest.

Ryoku
06-28-2009, 06:34 AM
just a simple question do you constantly keep up the sacred shield?

Dont worry too much about block because when you are getting more t7 pieces it will increase

Kittygrinda
06-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Sacred Shield's usually up, but to be honest, it does slip away from me from time to time. I personally never thought a shield that absorbed 500dmg was really that valuable, so it has never really been a priority. Am I underestimating it? Or just not understanding it?

Ryoku
06-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Sorry made a translation mistake (I dont play in english) I ment holy shield (which increases block chance by 30%)

Alent
06-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Sacred shield is not a static 500 damage, it scales with spellpower, fairly potently, too. I try to keep it up during boss fights as it tends to be 800~1200 damage from every third swing.

Spec stuff

#1: Lose 5/5 divinity for Div Sac and Divine Guardian. Solid buff to Sacred shield and div sac is an awesome tool.

#2: 2/2 imp judgement is a waste of a talent point. 1/2 is where it's at.

The two combined should put you at 3/5 divinity which is good enough.

Kittygrinda
06-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah, thanks.
I was planning a talent adjustment in those respects next time i'm on.

No one has mentioned anything about my gear. Can I assume by that I'm on the right track?

Ryoku
06-29-2009, 03:06 AM
I would say your gear is quite fine, a got place to hunt for better leg armor would be sartha 10. That is y I actually asked you if you kept up holy shield, because I didn't see a problem with your gear.

One thing about your chest enchant, people might disagree on it but, you could swap it for the defense enchant to further increase your avoidance.

Kittygrinda
06-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Obs it is. Hopefully I can persuade my guild to stoop back to that level.

I went for the stam enchant because, once I hit the def cap, it was imperative for me to get my HP up as high as possible. My server seems a little paranoid when it comes to tanks, and people have a tendency to get their hackles up when they don't see big numbers upon starting a PUG.

I could use a better weapon enchant as well, but until i get a decent weapon, I'm sticking with the cheap chains.

Oh, and yeah, Holy Shield usually goes up as soon as i pull, and stays up.

Thanks for the help