PDA

View Full Version : How am I doing? Arms DPS.

Garshek
06-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Here's my current Arms set-up:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=Garshek)

I have my rotation down fine so I'm not rage starved nor am I sitting at 100% rage with a GCD up.

I'm averaging about 1.8-2k dps in Heroics and a solid 2k dps in raids (all the buffs)

My question is, how's that for the gear I have and what should my next "upgrade focus" be on. I've been running H HoL to try and get the axe and I can pick up the T7 gloves at the end of today (I will have enough badges to buy them) so what should I focus on next?

Also, I know my gemming isn't ideal, but I'm having trouble staying near the hit cap because of a lack of +hit on my current gear, as soon as I reach cap all those gems will be swapped out for +str ones.

Sray
06-28-2009, 06:44 AM
Expertise Expertise Expertise!

Even with "Weapon Mastery" talent, you need more Expertise.
I have 19 Expertise from Gear, and the talent "Strength of Arms", plus Weapon Mastery that gives 2% so my real expertise is around 6.75% instead of 4.75% like it is now.

Hit rating shouldnt be hard to hit at all. all my gems are +8str and +12stam in 2 slots for my head slot. +16str in everything else and 1 +16 expertise gem in my chest.

I'd gem for Expertise instead of Hit Rating and balance it out more. Expertise is necessary and I noticed a nice DPS increase without changing any of my gear and just changing Gems. I've also been told to not gem for Attack Power or Crit Rating.

Garshek
06-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I'm not going too crazy about my lack of expertise yet. The reason being I'm an Orc and have the axe racial, hence why I'm trying so hard to get rid of the mace and pick up a 2h axe. Once I have the axe I will be at 14 expertiseand then will be grabbing my T7 gloves which will put me over the cap. Thanks for the reply though. I know not to gem for +AP but why not +crit? I understand STR is better but I don't see why to totally avoid crit. Can yiu explain?

Genome852
06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
Hit rating is more important than expertise for arms, because you can OP dodges.

People prefer STR gems over crit because they provide more DPS point for point, in most cases.

Lizana
06-28-2009, 02:06 PM
The dps loss from a dodge is not worth the dps gain from an overpower. Hit and expertise are both very important as an arms build because it is a GCD locked spec. A proper skill usage will not result in free GCD. The loss of a GCD to do damage is a big loss in the dps of an arms warrior.