PDA

View Full Version : Warrior as OT in Naxx10 & Naxx25 and rage issues

Tighe
06-26-2009, 09:55 PM
I have joined a new guild that has established Paladin tanks. As they are with the guild longer than I am and, more importantly, are better geared they are the obvious choice for main tanks.

My problem is that because they do the initial pulls they have all the initial aggro and even with spamming TC and Shockwave i can't pull aggro off of them. I can taunt one and use the normal rotation "SS, revenge concussion blow" to keep the aggro on one but i can't get anymore than that.

I have been MT on Naxx10 runs before and don't have a problem holding aggro as long as i can charge in and TC. As my gear is relatively ok for Naxx 10 I find that i dodge and parry a reasonable amount of attacks and have started to find myself becoming rage starved a lot now that i am only tanking one mob. Does anyone have any advice they can give me? I only do around 1.9K dps on my offspec and the new guild has a really good group of people that i don't want to start whinging to about this.

I can't link my gear cos i logged out on my offspec but can someone have a look at my spec and see if i am doing something nooby.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc.xml?cid=1&tal=3502000023000000000000000000000300000000000000 000000000000053351125000012521330113321)

I have 541 def, 29K heakth Unbuffed, 130hit rating (i know this is low but i need the gems for health (i think)) 26 expertise, all my gear is best in slot from Emblems of Heroism and Naxx 10 - nothing really from naxx25 (except from inexorable sabatons)

One other question comes to mind: Is it necessary to have two tanks on trash in Naxx 10 if you have relatively good tanks and heals? I generally had all the aggro on any runs that i did previously and never felt like i needed an OT till it came to the boss fights?

thanks in advance for any help that you can give me. I've been using this site for months but this is the first post.

Cookie
06-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Why don't they let you do the initial pulls? But to answer your question, no you don't need 2 tanks for Naxx10 trash if you're geared enough. Most of the bosses there which would require 2 tanks on a progression raid (like KT/Ghotik, etc.) can also be done with a geared up single tank.

Tighe
06-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Thanks man

I thought as much. I think i will work on my dps spec and leave the tanking to the better geared guys. They will let me roll on the tank gear that they don't need anyway and i will stick to heroics as tank. It's a pain when you have to rely on someone being offline for the raind to be a viable choice as tank. At least I can argue now that i can dps till i am needed and hopefully feel like a less useless person. Rage starved war offtanks are not very good for anything apart from debuffs and i'm sure another pally or druid tank is worth more than 5 sunders, demo shout and TC debuff.

Warrior has to be one of the most frustrating classes to play at the moment.