PDA

View Full Version : Death Knights Need Not Apply

RQTBALLPRO
06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
My son got me into WoW about 5 months ago and I am loving it, I have 3 chars but my main char is a DK which I worked really hard acquiring the gears that I have. For the past month I am ready and do have the required gears for all the 10/25 man raids except for Naxx 25 but for one month of trying to get into the raids I am qualified for noone wants DK DPS and I was just wondering why that is? Anyone have an answer? Thank you in advance for your time.

Widdox
06-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Mainly because most raiding guilds including mine, had a lot of their normal raiders swap to DKs when WotLK came out. DKs are great, but if you already have 2 or 3 in your raid you don't need anymore. That being said. My DKs have started to become alittle inconsistent due to summer.

Maybe thats normal or maybe its because the people who swapped classes are more likely to burn out, I cannot say.

Edgar
06-26-2009, 12:07 PM
The leaders of those groups probably bad experiences with DKs that did not know how to play their class. Or they are a plate wearing class that is afraid of you taking the gear they could use. Maybe the group already has 2-3 DKs and the leader wants to prevent having to much melee classes.

There are probably more reasons why they don't take DKs but these are the ones I could come up quickly. Unfortunately I don't really have a tip on how to get into groups. I'd probably offer them to take me and if I don't perform well I'd be willing to leave / be kicked out.

Hope that helps.

Tarigar
06-26-2009, 12:08 PM
yeah we have the same issue we have 5 regular dk's and 2-3 tank.

shez
06-28-2009, 11:10 AM
too many dks, i always get into pugs with like 5+ dks, together with 2 or 3 ret pallies in a 25man thats too many plate dps, and most raid leaders (pug) seem to prefer ranged dps, on my server anyway.

PatrikL
06-28-2009, 03:06 PM
I have the same problem in my realm. Way too many DKs in general. With my main spec being tank I have it a lot easier but we are still not like by most other classes. Beeing in a non raiding guild (which I love too much to leave) I am having a very difficult time getting a slot in any raids except VoA or OS. Been starting to level a priest to be able to do them still but it takes some time. Hoping my guild will be ready for some raids soon but we are like many others lacking enough healers.

I'm not seeing this changing any time soon either. Looking at the raids I have been in about a third of everyone is usually a DK. Now that I know how it is I really wish I had leveled/geared up another char. Still love to play the DK though and starting to get some experience of how to use the CDs properly but still...

Valalvax
06-29-2009, 12:12 AM
too many dks, i always get into pugs with like 5+ dks, together with 2 or 3 ret pallies in a 25man thats too many plate dps, and most raid leaders (pug) seem to prefer ranged dps, on my server anyway.

On KT at least there's only room for like 1 tank, and 3-4 Melee DPS, I don't know if it's any different for 25 man, I would assume so because that'd be pretty cruel of Blizzard to limit the raid to 3-4 out of 25

orcstar
06-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Best way to get in to a raid is to make it yourself.

If you do you'll notice that the easiest spots to fill are the melee spots. "Looking for 1 more melee Nax 25 will get you about 50 whispers from rogues dks and most other melee."
Generally in a 2 tank 3 healer 5 dps setup there are 2 or 3 melees.
In a 25 man generally 6-9 but more often 6 then 9.
Those melee can be: Death Knight, Shaman, Warrior, Rogue, Druid and Paladin.
As you see, spots are really tight.

It's not that Death Knights are bad, it's just that there are many.
Try tanking.......

Damonvile
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Even though most pugs never make it to KT they still make the raid like they're going to.

That fight is just bad design and typical melee hate that blizzard seems to have. If you take 9 melee in a pug there is almost no way you're going to kill KT. With pug healers there is a very slim chance they can keep that many melee alive and losing 3 or 4 of them will probably be a wipe.

And like ppl have said... an alt that starts at 55 is pretty appealing. there's lots of DK out there. If you can get in with a regular pug or guild and get known as good dps then I'm sure you wont have any troubles getting a spot. The class is pretty easy to dps with but man there are a lot of fail DK out there :)