PDA

View Full Version : Main tank Ulduar

Pallytankerr
06-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey guys well once again I am here again posting for some tips / info on are boss in Ulduar.

Hodir has are skill called Frozen blows { I think it is it } which well I can bubble wall the first one and live.. But by the 2rd or 3rd I am dead..
The heals we have can heal other people in hodir other tanks but the guild wanted me to MT it cause I was the one that said.. "Stay buffed all winter is must have everytime " so they said I had to do it to learn how to do it every time all the time.

But I it seems as thou I don't I can not handle the blows.. The guildies are blaming and flaming the healers about it { to me it is great cause it wasn't me >.0 } but I want to try and help them work this out easyer then making sure I got 200+ healers on me at the point of the FB.

So does anyone know what I can do to help make the FB any easyer to the point we are ok.
I use Bubble wall for first one LoH for the 2rd { if it isn't on CD } and then again maybe use bubble wall again but with the stay buffed all winter we are almost getting the speed kill without even trying for speed kill.

Rhyseh
06-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Are you using Frost Resist pieces?

Pallytankerr
06-25-2009, 05:36 PM
No not at all... Should I be? if so how much is enough to cut the blows down to are point that healers can handle it.

And Thank you for fast reply

Rhyseh
06-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Should be using 2pc frost resist if you are solo tanking him, otherwise run with one normally geared tank and one frost resist tank to eat the frozen blows.

Pallytankerr
06-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Thank you I will try that.. Yes I am solo tanking him the other warrior tank goes in to DPS to help buff them { something about debuff on boss or something }

Thank you once again and all the best
Pallytankerr

Krehinth
06-25-2009, 06:01 PM
I run with 3 FR peices made into normal tanking gear in 10 man... Have never had a problem through frozen blows.

Telix
06-25-2009, 07:40 PM
We've always run this with one tank wearing two pieces of FR gear gemmed to stay uncrittable, and a Pally aura for a total of just over 300 FR. You'll still take more damage during Frozen Blows (so a cooldown does help out), but you'll be able to solo tank it.

If you're going for your first kill, I'd also recommend 1 - 2 pieces of FR on the entire raid to significantly reduce the raid-wide Frozen Blows damage. You'll be taking it off as you head for the speed kills etc, but it's a good way to get started.

Stephanius
06-26-2009, 05:08 AM
I use four pieces of FR gear (enchanted and gemmed for defense where possible) on Hodir. If you do this properly and maybe shuffle the one or other slot for options with a bit more defense you should be fine.

Fathom
06-26-2009, 02:25 PM
It's possible to do that fight with no Frost Resist, but it's rough, especially if your guild is still progressing.

The issue with frozen blows is that the MT starts taking big hits just as the raid starts taking large amounts of AoE. Frost resist has a far larger effect than you might anticipate (I know our guild was surprised by how much easier it made the fight), but it's not just a tank thing. If most of the raid can get up in the 200+ frost resist range after buffs (so 1-2 pieces plus shammy/pally frost resist aura) it really frees up the healers during frozen blows.