PDA

View Full Version : Silence and you

Tarigar
06-25-2009, 09:26 AM
So I have been seeing a lot of tanks complain about taking to much magic damage especially in some heroics. So I wanted to find out how many tanks silence/interrupt and tell your dps to silence/interrupt npc's to help minimize the magic dmg taken.

I wanted to make a poll and dps can answer as well if they make it a common practice to silence npc's.

Martie
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
As far as I can tell, the biggest magical damage sources aren't interruptable, and silence either doesn't work or only has a chance of delaying the effect by a few seconds.

Inaara
06-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Generally speaking, yes. If I'm rage starved on my warrior I interrupt nothing. If I could use some extra RP on my DK, I AMS and soak it. Other than that I am an interrupting, stunning, silencing, Death Gripping tank.

Tarigar
06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
As far as I can tell, the biggest magical damage sources aren't interruptable, and silence either doesn't work or only has a chance of delaying the effect by a few seconds.

Heroic Occulus is a perfect example of where a group can wipe on the island pulls when you have the sorcerer's doing blizzard and sometimes it can get too crazy for a tank to do it all if they are.

uglybbtoo
06-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Question really doesn't make sense are we talking about bosses or trash?

For a warrior on trash they will have to use shockwave to aoe tank the mobs so by default that will stun. If you have a caster mob you will also prob throw up spell reflect when you can but to be honest you are going to be alt tabbing you butt off just trying to lock everything onto you.

Heroics trash and naxx these days are basically and aoe tank and spank so even the dps are not going to be watching anything casting you are lucky if they even focus on the skull. With a heavy aoe group I may not even bother marking because there is no point.

If you are talking about bosses well they are immune to silence and stuns in most cases.

Edgar
06-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Depends entirely on the number of mobs I am tanking. If I'm tanking 3 mobs and I see one is casting I'll tab to him or click him and see if it's worth interrupting. If I'm doing some 10 Mob AOE Pull in Naxx I don't really care for the casters, I rather watch out for runners that try to kill my healers n' casters to taunt them.