PDA

View Full Version : Too much dodge?

Nekrono
06-25-2009, 02:39 AM
I just want some advice on this issue I've been having lately, Is there such thing as too much avoidance for a warrior? first of all here are my stats:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Nekrono)

555 Defense
28.10% Dodge
16.97% Parry
22.42% Block Rating

Lately I have MTing all of Ulduar since our regular MT had to leave for some time, and with my current stats I've had some problems with rage on some fights, for example there are times where I pull Mimiron (25 man) and for the first few seconds he doesnt hit me at all therefore I have no rage and I end up either losing aggro or having everyone else really close on me on threat(even with MD and ToT), this isn't a big issue since It doesn't happen that often but on some bosses where time to build threat is short or DPS gets a boost (Hodir for example) It does matter, and this is not a Threat generation issue, I have no problems there, but there's not much I can do when I have no rage.

I guess my question is If there is a dodge cap that we warriors should not pass, I see for example Ciderhelm or Kungen staying below 28% dodge, Is there a magic number for us and If there is should I loose some dodge and be focusing on another stat or no and just keep stacking it?

Trondhjem
06-25-2009, 04:25 AM
Well, depending on what you go for, there is or is not a "cap".

Stacking stamina for EH you won't come far above 24% dodge. But thats just b/c of your enchants, gems and itemstats. Otherwise, gearing for max. avoidance you could easily reach 30% and more and its quite a succesful way of saving healer's mana or avoiding (sometimes) being nuked down... so in my opinion there is not such as "too much dodge" if your intention is like 'I want to have much dodge'.

Given that your rage starvation and aggro problems just occur in the first few seconds of the fight, you don't need to change the concept.
And, btw ;) try charging Mimiron

Gordiggan
06-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm running a pretty high dodge % also and run into the same problems :) Make sure you charge wherever possible, and pop Bloodrage especially in the first few seconds of a fight. Don't forget to take the time to vigilance your most "threatening" DPS also.

Be careful though, with alot of dodge, you end up lulling your healers to sleep after not being hit at all for long periods of time! ;)

Telix
06-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Be careful though, with alot of dodge, you end up lulling your healers to sleep after not being hit at all for long periods of time! ;)

I didn't believe this until it happened on Vezax last reset after an avoidance string - "C'mon Tel, take some damage" - back to back hits - dead.