PDA

View Full Version : Headset advice

Gustu
06-24-2009, 06:35 AM
So got a new keyboard and guild has noticed my key spamming while using a mic, so looking for a headset that is comfortable for glasses wearers, anyone got any suggestions? preferably usb.

Adamaeldar
06-24-2009, 08:04 AM
I wear glasses and I use the Sennheiser PC151 headset. I've had it for 2+ years and it still works great. It's comfy, I can hear everything I need to and filter out things like the wife talking to me or the cat knocking something over. :p

Kalbitang
06-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I've a big fan of Sennheiser. I believe I had a pair of PC151s (or similar model), and they were great.

I recently purchased the Sennheiser PC 350. They are expensive, but they are pretty nice. I'll let you look for your own reviews, but they are generally very positive. My only complaint is that I personally think the bass is a little lacking. I've read some reviews where people say the bass is accurate or depends if the music is properly mixed. Not enough of an audiophile to confirm or deny this, but I was initially surprised how they sounded. I've since adjusted to them, though, and have a hard time using other headphones. They are very nice for rendering 3D sound, though. First time I had a reanimated frostwyrm fly over me, I kind of freaked out. :)

The mic is very sensitive, however. This isn't a bad thing, but it picks up sound very well. So, if your guild is complaining about hearing your keyboard, it's possible they'll still hear it with these headphones.