PDA

View Full Version : Questioning my Gear >.<

Forbiddence
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I would like to tell you more about myself. I am a Prot Paladin. I have been tanking for about 3-4 months. I haven`t learned everything but Im getting there. I`m not afraid of asking question and spend endless time picking someones brain for information. As that being said I would like to pick everyone brain I would like some input on my Char. I am constinally overlooked as a tank for raids and cant figure out why. I don`t lag and nor do I disconnect. So i know i don`t have a reputation as a DC`er.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Forbiddence)

Any insight or Information to better my character would be welcomed. I do not get offended easily. So please be as blunt as possible I hate beating around the bush.

Thank you very much. For looking at my post and taking the time to reply.

xenogriff
06-23-2009, 05:22 PM
looking at ur gear i really dont see any reason why u should be passed over on raids.

one thing i can think of is the raid that ur trying to join - if ur asking to join ulduar 25 hard modes then yea, u would be passed over. but if its something like 10/25 naxx, 10 ulduar - no reason y u shouldnt be able to get in.

other thing i suppose would be attitude i suppose, depending on how u come across to the other person u might or might not be able to get in - wouldnt be able to say considering i dont know u :P

one thing about ur spec, i would switch heart of the crusader for judgements of the just - 3% crit does not outweigh slowing a mobs attack swign speed by 20% - thats a whole lot of mitigation ur skipping out of

Stephanius
06-24-2009, 04:38 AM
After a quick look at your gear, I agree with Xenogriff - your gear looks ok. As long as what you are looking at is Naxx25/Ulduar10 you should do ok.

One of your Glyphs needs to be changed. Get Glyph of Seal of Venegance instead of the SoR glyph. You should be using Venegance since it outperforms Righteousness significantly. The glyph gives you 10 expertise, taking you from 14 to 24 and very close to the soft cap of 26.

As tank division leader for my guild, I have to tell you though that I have a couple of additional requirements besides some gear and a stable connection. =]

Most of these are not shown in the armory. I will only give you a list of things to think about rather than flesh out each point.

- teamspeak/ventrilo access, microphone and good communication
- availability and reliability
- willingness to follow assignments and work with the other tanks
- solid tps
- good reflexes and adaptation to issues that occur after the pull
- spatial awareness

Chanserv
06-24-2009, 05:56 AM
I see no reason for you not doing well in Naxx 10/25 - Uld 10
In Naxx i can see you possibly having an issue with threat low hit, descent expertise

The Good:
-- Hit all the good tanking talents.
-- Good Gems (only 1 change)
-- Good Enchants (only 1 change)

The Ok:
-- Weapon Enchant +26 Agility
- Personally would drop for a +Hit enchant like, Titanium weapon chain / accuracy
-- Parry Gem in legs
- Go with Guardian's Twilight Opal or Guardian's Twilight Opal (Purple Gem should still be able to use meta)
-- Glyph Of Hammer Of The Righteous
- Ok for trash, not all that helpful on boss fights.

The Bad:
-- Glyph Seal of Righteousness
- Glyph Seal Of Vengeance with it's extra Expertise should be better then SoR

Forbiddence
06-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Thank you for all the advice. I will make the changes that need to be done. :D