PDA

View Full Version : Blood or Unholy

Celchu
06-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Trying to decide on which spec to take, I like the play styles that both bring to the table and on the weekend was able to do 5.2k on Patchwork as 51/0/10.

Right now I am spec'd 12/0/59 and I want to get some outside opinions based on my gear, which spec would net the better personal DPS and raid wide bonus'

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Celchu)

Please replace the undeath card with the greatness card, and I do have armageddon as a back up for relentless edge

Jaeden
06-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Honestly, based on your gear, unholy would work better for you. Blood needs some Armor Penetration since it is a more physical spec, and although your armory doesn't show the amount you DO have on those pieces, you would need some more I think.

I'd try taking your points in morbidity and putting them in Necrosis and see how that works for you. Since rune strikes aren't eating your melee hits it could work out very well for you.

I need to do some playing with it myself, but I am not sure if it would be more dps to do 4/5 Necrosis with Bone Shield and Ghoul Frenzy. or 5/5 Nec with only one of those.

I still need to drop my bone shield glyph on my dps spec(used to be where I kept tank spec) and get a replacement. I just keep forgetting which one I was going to use.

Celchu
06-23-2009, 11:11 AM
I think I am sitting at 17% arP in uhholy and when I was blood spec I was at 27% (17% + 10% from blood gorged talent)

Jaeden
06-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Blood might be worth trying out then. I'd do a few targeting dummy checks with all of the changes to get an idea of what your dps is with all of those.

Celchu
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
I will give the blood a try on the dummy later tonight, I did it last night for 3min and did about 2700 DPS with just HoW. I never try to base my numbers off the dummy but prefer real world test. But since this is my off spec I don't get to test it too much in Ulduar (just in General V and that was 4.7k as blood and I was running around pulling clouds for the healers and trying to interrupt as much a possible)

Jaeden
06-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Targeting dummies are not the surest test, this is true, but if one spec does 2700* and the other 3300* is does kind of compel ;)

(* - Random numbers used)

Celchu
06-23-2009, 11:44 AM
This is true, plus the real challenge to fighting the training dummy is finding one that has more the 1hp :p

Jaeden
06-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Archerus. If not one has been on it recently, it should work. You can also get reliable single target dps on it due to distance.