PDA

View Full Version : Multi Target Threat

Xavros
06-23-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm looking for some help in writing a macro "template" so to say, that will help with my multi target tanking situations. I have some minor experiance with writing macros but i am begining to find my bars have become somewhat loaded with not only pure abilities from the spellbook but also mouseover macros i have created.
Basically what i am looking to do is to consolidate/combine these.
For instance I have the devastate ability(from the spellbook) on my bar. But i also have a mouse-over devastate macro there too.

Is there a way that i could combine these to cast the ability on my current target while using a shift modify to cast on a mouseover target? This would also help greatly with the versatility of other abilities like Intervene and such.

Xavros
06-23-2009, 07:56 AM
I may have found the answer to what im looking for. But i am at work. Anyone able to test this and respond please? If not i will just wait and see.

#showtooltip Devastate
/cast Devastate
/cast [modifier:shift][target=mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] [] devastate

Magss
06-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I may have found the answer to what im looking for. But i am at work. Anyone able to test this and respond please? If not i will just wait and see.

#showtooltip Devastate
/cast Devastate
/cast [modifier:shift][target=mouseover, exists, harm, nodead] [] devastate

The first /cast Devastate line is useless. Empty brackets in a macro conditional is fall through logic. If none of the previous conditions are met, it will cast the ability normally (on your target). Harm (or Help) conditionals imply Exists. Your modifier needs to be within the conditional for the mouseover. /cast [mod:shift,target=mouseover,harm,nodead][] Devastate