PDA

View Full Version : Raid-chat size boss explanations?

Alexeika
06-23-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm currently starting up raids again for our casual guild. Since I find myself explaining every raid boss quite often, I've started to keep my explanations in a file outside of WoW so I can reuse them. My problem is: I'm having a hard time keeping my explanations short enough to be read without lots and lots of scrolling while still containing all the essential information for the encounter. I've searched the internet to see if someone else had gotten the same idea far earlier than me and posted explanations somewhere, but so far I've had no luck. Does anyone here know of a place to find such explanations?

Stephanius
06-23-2009, 07:33 AM
Tactics (GD) - Raid/Instance - World of Warcraft Mods, Addons, and More! (http://wowui.incgamers.com/?p=mod&m=4183)

I think that is one that I used ages ago. It is quite simple in practice so it shouldn't be broken by patches.

What would be really nice would be a replacement for a tactical blackboard where you can put markers for boss, effects and people who need to be in different places.

orcstar
06-23-2009, 07:41 AM
I use flares for that.

Alexeika
06-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Thank you very much for pointing out that addon, Stephanius. It's exactly what I was looking for!

GravityDK
06-25-2009, 07:15 AM
BossTactics works too, ish.

GravityDK
06-29-2009, 12:38 AM
BossTactics has the whiteboard feature, where you can share positioning diagrams.

jettzypher
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM
talk more? probably easier to get yoru point across quicker if you just talk. and you can continue playing without stoppin to type