PDA

View Full Version : Resto druids are getting changed... need help.

Kerenter
06-21-2009, 06:24 PM
Alright, so I was looking at the 3.2.0 patch notes (WoW -> Test Realm Patch Notes (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html))

I noticed that resto druids will be getting drastically changed, or at least I think so; for a few reasons...

1. Mana Regeneration: All items that provide "X mana per five seconds" have had the amount of mana they regenerate increased by approximately 25%.

2. Innervate: Duration reduced to 10 seconds, and cooldown reduced to 3 minutes. This means each use of Innervate will give half as much mana as before, but it will be available twice as often.

3. Improved Tree of Life Form (Rank 3) increases your healing spell power by 15% of your spirit while in Tree of Life Form. (This one is not a change, just adding this)

I, as of right now, have a very decent a mount of spirit, because I know that resto druids need that; its simply a part of the spec and class. The improved tree of life form gives the druid 15 spell power for every 100 spirit you have. And 100 spell power = 100 spell power, of course. Druids were originally dying to get spirit for increasing their mana regen for elongated boss encounters to make sure they wouldn't run out of mana, but now that MP/5 is increased by 25%, is the spirit AS necessary? Could, perhaps, resto druids be getting some items that lack spirit but have more spell power and MP/5 instead? I know those sorts of items were more so for priests and palis before this patch, but I'm not sure anymore. The change on innervate would also make it easier to manage mana during long encounters. Seeing as it will be a lot easier to maintain mana, shouldn't resto druids focus more on spell power? Leather items for resto druids still have spirit on them for the most part, but I'm talking about the items such as cloaks and rings and trinkets. Should we switch those to get MP/5 and greater spell power?

Mookey
06-22-2009, 05:06 AM
While spirit is not as godly as it was it's still great stat -
1) your talents are increasing it by 15%
2) imp tree form increase healing from spirit by 15%
3) kings improve it by 10%
4) you get passive 50% regen from spirit even while casting

Yes some mp5 items are better then their counterparts with spirit but have in mind that spirit is still great.