PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Threating gear ideas?

hulksmasher
06-20-2009, 04:26 PM
So I was toying with the idea of using 2 piece warrior dps set (legs and gloves) for the giant boost in threat via exp and hit, not to mention the 2 piece bonus would be going off at a decent amount because of incite.

Conqueror's Siegebreaker Gauntlets - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46148)
Conqueror's Siegebreaker Legplates - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46150)

Just kind of curious what you guys thought about the idea.

Martie
06-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Well, keep in mind that you'll suffer an avoidance hit and that you'll have to do a little math to see if you are still crit-immune.

For the rest, I think it could work, so go for it and let us know how you fare.

hulksmasher
06-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Well I know I can remain uncrittable with repelling charge if I absolutely had too, but I actually think that I am over-capped defense rating wise enough to just wear normal gear + these two pieces

JonnyM5
06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Do you need threat that bad you want to gimp other stats?

I run quite low hit and expertise and do just fine IMO,at the most i swap my saronite legs to maly legs(same stam) and maybe change to maly shield. Means i can still run two stam trinkets and be crit immune.

Martie
06-22-2009, 04:15 AM
Well I know I can remain uncrittable with repelling charge if I absolutely had too, but I actually think that I am over-capped defense rating wise enough to just wear normal gear + these two pieces
First of all, you cannot be over-capped on defense, since there is no defense cap.

Secondly, those armor pieces have resilience, which will help you become immune to boss crits as well. You have to add the crit reduction from your resilience to the crit reduction from your defense to get the total crit reduction - if that's 5.6%, you are good to go.
(That's the math I was talking about. I know it's really hard. :P )

hulksmasher
06-22-2009, 06:57 AM
Do you need threat that bad you want to gimp other stats?

Well to be honest I don't have threat issues except on a few select fights. Hodir Speedkill, General to name the main issues. I realize that my threat is perfectly acceptable and that the DPS need to just start watching Omen and learning when too slowdown//threat drop.

This is just an attempt too try something new with the gear that I have been able to obtain, and honestly I am still not sure if its actually going to be worth it (but trying never hurts).

First of all, you cannot be over-capped on defense, since there is no defense cap.Please excuse me if you didn’t understand what I was trying to say. Currently I am sitting at or around 560 DR in my full tanking gear (before putting on a repelling charge. And I was attempting to say that I had 20 DR to play around with before I was crittable. I realize that DR has no cap, and I appreciate you for trying to add constructive criticism

Secondly, those armor pieces have resilience, which will help you become immune to boss crits as well. You have to add the crit reduction from your resilience to the crit reduction from your defense to get the total crit reduction - if that's 5.6%, you are good to go.
(That's the math I was talking about. I know it's really hard. :P )
Last time I checked Arms//Fury tier 8.5 didnt have resil. :P
Thank you again for trying to help

Stompya
06-22-2009, 04:23 PM
The thing that would keep me from doing it would be the loss of the 4 piece bonus.

pright
06-22-2009, 09:44 PM
It would be interesting to try out that 2 piece bonus. I wouldn't think of using those for threat in Ulduar, but definitely worth a shot in an more forgiving zone to start with. I'm not sure that it would be worth using if you have to equip Repelling Charge though, there are certainly better dps trinket choices that would probably provide more threat overall (just a guess without testing) than having those 2 pieces equipped.

I'm guessing you're currently using 2 piece bonuses from both tier 7.5 and 8.5 right now? If not, should definitely give it a shot.

hulksmasher
06-23-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm guessing you're currently using 2 piece bonuses from both tier 7.5 and 8.5 right now? If not, should definitely give it a shot.

Currently I am sitting with 4p 8.5. But there seems to be alot of bosses that don't really hit you with too much magic dmg. So I have been tinkering around with gear and seeing whats worth it and whats not.

(I am still missing the tier 8.5 leggings (fury/arms) so I wont be able to try it out until my drops get a bit luckier)

pright
06-23-2009, 11:57 PM
With my threat oriented set I'm currently using helm/gloves from 7.5 and shoulders/chest from 8.5 with the Malygos legs (should be logged out in it atm). I quite like it. It's still very situational in Ulduar, unlike Naxx where you could rock up with no health and still survive with ease tanking every boss. I still need to regem/enchant a lot of it for even moar threats!

My main focus was hit and expertise cap while keeping 2piece bonus from each. Now that I have that I can start tweaking it for even more threat at the cost of stam as my healers and I get more gear so I won't be extremely squishy.

Assuming you can keep defense capped, it'd be fun to test the 2 piece bonus from the 8.5 dps set.

Superspy23
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Doesn't the 8.5 DPS pieces you pointed out actually have more stam on them than the tanking equivalent?

hulksmasher
06-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Doesn't the 8.5 DPS pieces you pointed out actually have more stam on them than the tanking equivalent?

Tanking gear || Legs 147 stam || gloves 115 stam
DPS gear || Legs 129 stam || gloves 102 stam