PDA

View Full Version : [Prot pally] What can I tank?

immórtalthepaladin
06-19-2009, 12:31 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonmaw&n=Imm%C3%B3rtal)
This is my armory link.
I just wonder what I can tank, like OS10/25 Naxx10/25, Emalon, Arch.
I know rotaion and that stuff.

__C3__
06-19-2009, 01:56 PM
You can definately tank Naxx10, OS10, and Arch without too much trouble. As for the 25man content I think you'd be fine as an Offtank in Naxx25 and OS25, but I'm not so sure for Emalon (though with a good healer I'd venture to say you'd do just fine). I would not recommend tanking in Ulduar though.

I do want to just take a moment and comment on your tanking spec - personally, I think you should take those points out of Conviction and Pursuit of Justice and put them into Divinity. I cannot think of one time in Northrend raids where I have been disarmed, nor can I see why you'd really need +3% spell critical. Honestly I feel those 5 points would be better spent increasing all healing done to you by 5%. However, It's your character and your play style, so if that works better for you, by all means use it! Just a suggestion =)

immórtalthepaladin
06-19-2009, 03:03 PM
You can definately tank Naxx10, OS10, and Arch without too much trouble. As for the 25man content I think you'd be fine as an Offtank in Naxx25 and OS25, but I'm not so sure for Emalon (though with a good healer I'd venture to say you'd do just fine). I would not recommend tanking in Ulduar though.

I do want to just take a moment and comment on your tanking spec - personally, I think you should take those points out of Conviction and Pursuit of Justice and put them into Divinity. I cannot think of one time in Northrend raids where I have been disarmed, nor can I see why you'd really need +3% spell critical. Honestly I feel those 5 points would be better spent increasing all healing done to you by 5%. However, It's your character and your play style, so if that works better for you, by all means use it! Just a suggestion =)
Ye about my spec, I've nearly copyed The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Mystikah&group=2) <-- MT spec (saw at wowmeteronline that she had most threat done by a paladin), and that with spellpower (I ain't sure), but think abilities like judgement and HoR is a spell? Idk, I just made a 95% copy :P

immórtalthepaladin
06-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Tho if you could make me a MT and OT build I would be happy :)

__C3__
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, here is my tank's talent build (http://us.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=B%C3%AB%C3%ABrme&group=1) - seems to be pretty common amongst the Tankadins on my server from what I've noticed. If I were to change anything in there, I might remove Vindication since it seems to only proc on adds and not bosses (tho certain fights, eg Emalon, that comes in handy). And Heart of the Crusader is great to have, but odds are Retadins will have that so in 25mans it isn't as necessary since it wont stack. And you mention threat, yes those points you have will help you immensely with threat, however I out-threat every dps/heals and in head to head with another tank, only a couple can beat me (barely), and I don't even have the damage talents from holy for Seal of Vengeance. If you have threat problems, then definitely go with it, otherwise perhaps you could find a better spot for them.