PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready to MT Ulduar 25

breezey
06-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I've recently gotten back into my DK. I generally lead pugs as I don't have the time for a raiding schedule. As a result I'm usually MT'ing most of it. However, after being crushed a few times by Emalon and Deconstructor I have upgraded my gear a bit.

Here's my most recently updated armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal'Ganis&n=Breezey)

Thoughts:

I've read that the expertise cap is 26 which I'm slightly below. Would it be better to put 15 exp on gloves or swap out the Sand-Worn band for the badge one w/ exp?

Any other thoughts on enchants/gems that would be good to swap around. I have seen some with the 18 stam lw'ing kit on gloves and some use heath or 10 stats to chest.

I have some "wiggle room" with defense but not much, I already used the PVP shoulder enchant for more effective health. Any recomendations for switching out gear? Maybe removing one of the def enchants. I think if I swap to the badge ring I have yet some more room because of its high defense rating.
With the shoulders, I believe crit immune is now 537? Correct me if I'm wrong please!

HODIR: For MT'ing and absorbing the frozen blows it seems the best recommendation is to wear all 3 pieces, gem up for defense until cap and then stam?

Lastly, I am considering switching to frost for tanking. I don't think i could ever tank as blood due to the lack of AOE (for tanking trash and heroics again come 3.2 :P). Any thoughts on this? What have you guys noticed switching from Unholy to Frost, what's the most difficult thing to pick up when making the switch.

Thanks!

Tonylicious
06-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Only a couple points of advice.

1. You're a scribe, use your profession enchant on your shoulders. I don't think even the staunchest supporters of EH will discard that much avoidance for EH. You can regain the health by enchanting your chest with health (dropping a second solid gem in your chest and enchanting your bracers with 18 stam would also bump you a bit if you wanted to).

2. I personally wouldn't panic about expertise in early/mid Uld25. If you're pugging chances are the DPS isn't stellar in which case threat shouldn't be an issue, and if the melee are DPSing from behind, as they should be, you shouldn't run into too many problems with parry haste.

3. If you're dying to Decon/Emalon in your gear its almost certainly a healing issue, do be certain that full debuffs are up on the mob and you have full buffs on yourself. Auracle is a great mod for this. At a minimum you would want to be certain TC/Demo (or equivalents) are on the boss at all times and that you're buffed with Devotion/Stoneskin/HoW/Inspiration/Commanding (or equivalents assuming all are available). Basically 'buffs that may fall off during the fight but you hope/will ensure dont'.

I don't think AoE threat will matter to you until you're getting to Thorim, maybe Kologarn. At the most on trash you shouldn't have to tank more than 2-3 mobs at a time unless you intent to solo tank the instance. Blood should give you more of a buffer if heals are weak.

breezey
06-19-2009, 11:44 AM

1. You're a scribe, use your profession enchant on your shoulders. I don't think even the staunchest supporters of EH will discard that much avoidance for EH.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier but I'm dropping Inscription for mining this weekend which is why I made that change. Titanium not sucking for 3.2 is too hot not to pick up, and the 50 Stam ain't bad.

3. If you're dying to Decon/Emalon in your gear its almost certainly a healing issue, do be certain that full debuffs are up on the mob and you have full buffs on yourself. Auracle is a great mod for this. At a minimum you would want to be certain TC/Demo (or equivalents) are on the boss at all times and that you're buffed with Devotion/Stoneskin/HoW/Inspiration/Commanding (or equivalents assuming all are available). Basically 'buffs that may fall off during the fight but you hope/will ensure dont'.

Thanks, I'll definitely check this mod out!