PDA

View Full Version : So, Just need some quick advice...

Gordonoth
06-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Hey, this is the second time ive posted in this forum, this time i hope i understand more about gearing =p

Well Basicaly, My guild is still in ten man Naxx. I have noticed that our other tanks seem to have a higher healthpool than i do, however i seem to have quite a bit more avoidance. As we are in ten man naxx (and will be for a bit) should i reduce my avoidance and look a bit more to health gearing? Its not a big problem, but ive been of the oppinion that if i ask this question now i will know how to gear for quite a while =P ( and ofc there is always the joking comments "lol i have more health than you" )

My Armory; The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Gordonoth)

Tarigar
06-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Hey, this is the second time ive posted in this forum, this time i hope i understand more about gearing =p

Well Basicaly, My guild is still in ten man Naxx. I have noticed that our other tanks seem to have a higher healthpool than i do, however i seem to have quite a bit more avoidance. As we are in ten man naxx (and will be for a bit) should i reduce my avoidance and look a bit more to health gearing? Its not a big problem, but ive been of the oppinion that if i ask this question now i will know how to gear for quite a while =P ( and ofc there is always the joking comments "lol i have more health than you" )

My Armory; The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Gordonoth)

There are 3 Main ways to gear for tanking. Threat, Avoidance, and EH(Effective Health). I will disregard threat at the moment since you based it off of a avoidance vs. EH discussion

Some people are EH junkies because they like increasing the 'pool' from which to get hit but others would rather not get hit at all and be more of an avoidance tank.

There are pro's and con's to both and one may be better than another during a given scenario.

EH will allow you to soak more hits and have more padding for bigger hits. Downside is you will be hit more frequently and instead becoming more of a mana sponge in comparison.
Best use for this set is on hard hitting bosses like Patchwerk as the OT.

Avoidance will allow you to dodge more hits and give healers more mana to breathe with.
Downside is there is the possibility you can get 2 shotted which has happened.
Best use for this set would be on weak hitting bosses like Loatheb or Freya.

Most of the tanks in my guild are avoidance junkies and I am somewhere in between as I try to balance all my stats as I view positives and negatives to being directly focused.

If you are that concerned about it I would start working on an EH set and maintain an avoidance set.

Gordonoth
06-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Like i said, it isnt that much of a difference, just thought that it if if there was a slight advantage seeing as to where we are in my guild. It was more of an interest question so that i know what to continue with in the future. ATM im liking my avoidance so i think i will keep building that up. Thanks for the help.