PDA

View Full Version : Fury DPS confusion, I need guidance

Grondis
06-19-2009, 09:05 AM
My fellow Fury Warriors!

After the nerf and the BT improvements, I'm no longer sure on which talent build is the most effective, which rotation, and which attributes should get the most focus.

I am a bit confused on the following issues:

1. According to maxdps.com, armor penetration is better than str bonus. (i.e. +16 Armor pen > +16 Str) - is that correct?

2. I was forever searching for the PVE attribute cap for fury warriors, here's what I know but correct me if I'm wrong
PVE:
Expertise rating - 26
Hit rating (soft cap) - 8%
Haste - is there any?
Crit - is there any?

After these are capped, what should I focus on? Haste/Str/Armor pen/Crit?

I looked into the 6th Edition DW Fury Guide (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/41401-6th-edition-dw-fury-guide.html) but it's not up to date with the current warrior changes.

Here's my profile if we want to get specific:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Grondis)

Thanks in advance!!
Grondis

Meythos
06-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Forget maxdps.com. Grab yourself the latest version of Rawr or even better Landsoul's spreadsheet from Elitest Jerks.

I prefer to use Landsoul's to find the right balance.

Anyway - to your specifics
Expertise soft cap is 26.
Hit special cap is 8%. SEP values drop considerably after you hit 8%
Haste has a low SEP value and is not a priority stat. Someone may have an answer out there cause they were bored and math is fun.
Crit ~ again diminishing returns. I personally like to be over 40%.

Grondis
06-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I downloaded the sheets, I'm trying to figure out the math in Elitest Jerks, that's alot of info to take in...

I also forgot to ask, what's the best Fury pve build, and what's the best Arms pvp build?

Brucimus
06-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I downloaded the sheets, I'm trying to figure out the math in Elitest Jerks, that's alot of info to take in...

I also forgot to ask, what's the best Fury pve build, and what's the best Arms pvp build?

those questions are answered all over this site...search function is your friend

Kazeyonoma
06-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Moved to appropriate forum.