PDA

View Full Version : What went wrong?

Borstad
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
My guild tried their first attempt at Naxx 10 man and we failed. We wiped on the first boss in the arch quater. Just to make sure is there anything I can do to my chracter (besides getting the h an trinket and h up sword) that will definitly make it so we can pass through at least the first boss.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Borstad)

Squirrelnut
06-19-2009, 08:35 AM
There are obviously upgrades you can work towards but you are more then geared well enough for Nax10. If you could provide more info on what actually went wrong to cause the wipe we would be able to offer more help. When you say Arch is that 'Arachnid quarter'? If so do you know the mechanics of the fight? Did you kite Anub when he cast locust swarm? Are your healers non-retards? Did your DPS pull on accident?

Lot of questions to be looked at which are far more likely to be the issue then your gear since you are over defense minimum, decent health, decent avoidance.

Borstad
06-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Ya thats the quater I am talking about, I just can not spell the name. The healers, in my opioion, were terrible because one was hitting 1k heals per second and the other was hitting 1.5k heals per a second. The second healer was okay but they let the main tank die. I did not see how the boss fight went, but on my end everything was fine. I picked up the elites when they spawned and eventually the dps realized they spawned. It was messy and there were no gear checks to a point where one dps was hitting 1.4k dps raid buffed.

Squirrelnut
06-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Sounds like problems on all fronts:

First off make sure the MT (I thought you were MTing initially) has Deadly Boss Mods and kites when the boss begins casting locust swarm.
Second make sure the healers know to stay back and move out in front of the MT's kite path so that they stay far from Anub or they will get silenced from the locust swarm cast
Third make sure ALL DPS switch to the ads when you pick them up as they spawn and move away from the boss when he does locust swarm to also not get silenced

Beyond that people need to know their classes; healers can't completely suck and dps should be higher then a tank's output (1.4k dps is less then what many tanks do)

EDIT: Try to get your guild to watch the movie guides here on tankspot, they make your life 100x easier http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/41948-naxxramas-anub-rekhan.html

Borstad
06-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Thank you very much. When I told the mt (which I had hp than) that we should have made dbm and omen maditory he said there was no need. Also, I do remember glancing over and seeing that even though the boss was locust storming all the dps were still on him. Truefully my guild should have forced people to gear up more because some of the members still had green stuff.

Molohk
06-19-2009, 09:14 AM
The most common cause for wipes in that boss is the healers standing too close to the boss during locust swarm, they will get silenced and won't be able to heal the tank when he needs it the most.

Squirrelnut
06-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Same with DPS they get silenced as well so they have to move away. Nax 10 gear requirement isn't that high it is more of an issue of people knowing the fights and how to use their class most of the time

Tarigar
06-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Nax 10 gear requirement isn't that high it is more of an issue of people knowing the fights and how to use their class most of the time

WotlK=Skill & not just gear.

Skill=Class knowledge(and how to use it) and Boss strats.

For example one of the warriors in my guild. Told a fury warrior he needed to equip a shield so he could interrupt.

That is a lack of skill.

Squirrelnut
06-19-2009, 09:29 AM
That is a lack of skill.
I would call that a lack of mental capacity beyond the level of a cockroach more then a lack of skill.

Tarigar
06-19-2009, 09:37 AM
I would call that a lack of mental capacity beyond the level of a cockroach more then a lack of skill.

You have no idea...

gnomeh
06-19-2009, 10:01 AM
Tell everyone to watch Boss Fights, or have one really competent (and patient) person explain everyone's job.
DBM and Omen are a MUST.