PDA

View Full Version : do frost tank need hit

gamer6977
06-18-2009, 07:51 PM
just want to know if frost dk tank's need hit

Syncratic
06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes, especially with the new patch coming out. In the new patch Frost Strike can be dodged, blocked and parried.

Lizana
06-18-2009, 08:14 PM
And hit doesn't prevent any of those.

Syncratic
06-18-2009, 08:18 PM
...You're right. I don't know what I'm thinking right now.

I suppose expertise would benefit you more.

Durandro
06-18-2009, 08:26 PM
You'll need both hit and expertise. And plenty of it if you're doing to dual weld.

gamer6977
06-18-2009, 09:35 PM
i am uesing 2h so what u guys are saying is i need hit and if i dual weid i need hit and expe

RialÚv
06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
essentially every tank should go for the hit and expertise cap... well 26 expertise in any case... shooting for the cap isn't necessary but it can be beneficial.

with dual wield you need considerrably more hit and expertise than with a 2hander.

Dual wielding increases your chances to be dodged, blocked, and most importantly Parried. Increasing your target's chances of gaining parry haste, and increasing your incoming damage. without a high amount of expertise you'll see a lot more damage. You also need about 891 Hit rating to never miss with dual wield.

With a 2 hander 26 expertise and 263 hit rating is fine.

Kurtosis
06-18-2009, 09:49 PM
No, we'll need expertise whether we 2H or dual wield, to ensure Frost Strike, Oblit, and Blood Strike (if used for Death Runes) won't get dodge, blocked or parried. We'll also need hit, to ensure all our strikes and spells won't miss.

I've been agonizing over whether to keep Rune Strike macro'd into all my dmg abilities while tanking, or save that RP for just FS (and IBF or AMS when needed). I think this nerf will resolve it - keep it, will need the threat gen. At least until I'm expertise-capped, but with the FP nerf, I may have to focus on more stam at the cost of expertise. We shall see.