PDA

View Full Version : Seal Vengeance or Righteousness?

dagimp007
06-18-2009, 10:39 AM
as a Tankadin.. i was told from the start use Seal of Vengeance... is this true or is Seal of Righteousness the better choice or no? after reading the whole 3.2 pally changes it sounds like they are thinking Righteousness was and should be the best tanking seal

Akeber
06-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Righteousness had never has been better than Vengeance, don't know what they are smoking.

headknocker
06-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Vengence. Vengence plus glyph is even better. Not sure what you mean about 3.2. Vengence is getting buffed and I haven't seen any changes to SoR. Relevant line in the patch notes is:
Seal of Vengeance and Seal of Corruption: These seals have been redesigned to deal substantially more damage. Now, once a paladin has 5 copies of the debuff from these seals on his or her target, on each swing the paladin will deal 33% weapon damage as Holy, with critical strikes dealing double damage.

Diridin
06-18-2009, 12:34 PM
He's refering to their statement in the ret section that says "Seal of Righteousness will remain a tanking seal."

Sigismund
06-21-2009, 03:06 AM
I know 'Reckoning' cops a bit of a beating as a worthwhile talent selection for a tank, but that also assumes SoV. With SoR your threat from weapon and seals doubles. The glyph of SoR increases the damage of SoR by 10%, further boosting this bonus damage, etc, etc.

With the changes to SoV I suspect it will kill any thought of SoR as a tanking seal, even in a reckoning build. As the previous posters have stated, no changes have been announced regarding SoR, and it would need a significant boost. SoV > SoR.

Stephanius
06-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Venegance.
'A tanking seal' does not mean 'THE tanking seal'.
In fact, he should have said 'A bad tanking seal'. =]