PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Tank HP/Stamina Help

Galdorr
06-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi there, ok the main point of this post was to ask for advice on gaining HP as a Warrior tank, I am in mostly Naxx 25/OS 25/Uld 10 gear (will post armory link later) and I am sitting at 28141hp completely unbuffed (without commanding shout ofc). However i see amny tanks with my gear level or lower (Full Naxx 10 etc..) with around 30-31k hp unbuffed and i just dont understand it, i mean i clearly out gear these people yet they have so much more health and still manage to stay crit immune. I know health isnt everything but it obviously helps significantly or every tank wouldnt be running around with truck loads of it, i just dont like it when i enter a VoA 10 group or Naxx 25 and get told the other tank is MT because he has higher hp, then i inspect him and hes wearing a mixture of Naxx 10 and crafted Titansteel epics.

I am currently tanking Ulduar 10 as my main form of progression, I will occasionally go to 25 man Naxx or EoE 10, i also run VoA 10 and 25 weekly. So i have a steady income of Emblems of Valor, which of course can be converted into heroism.

But really my main question was can anybody give me any reasoning for this and if as i belive it is a gear issue, is there a certain kind of gear i should be taking i.e. a kind of stamina stacking set, all i do at the moment is compare the increases to the decreases in stats using Rating Buster and if it is of more increases than decreases then i will roll for it (obviously looking at the % difference not just the number of buffs to reductions)

Armoury: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravenholdt&n=Galdorr)

~Luffie~
06-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Hmm...looks like you need to do some enchanting and regemming.

- Put 16 def on your cape. (currently not even enchanted)
- Put 20 def to shield (no enchants currently)
- Replace your def enchant on bracers to 40 Stam
- Replace your yellow def gem in helm to a green 8def/12 stam one.

Also, max your mining to get the +50 stam bonus.

dirt
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I think it's also important to note. Alot(not all) take JC & BS for their trades. That gets you 2 extra sockets on your gear and also access to some far superior gems.

Squirrelnut
06-18-2009, 10:44 AM
As Luffie said you DEFINITELY need to replace some of your enchants, missing out on 40 stam to bracers is huge. Also putting the defense on cloak and shield will allow you to regem out of defense and into more stam

Also you can grab a couple things off the AH even if you aren't a BS such as the socket belt thing to throw another 24 stam gem into.

Your professions aren't that high so if I were you I would definitely consider the BS/JC route or failing that Mining/JC or even Mining/BS. As a tank you really would be better off not doing skinning if you want to help your stats out. Try to take advantage of socket bonuses when possible. If you get JC you also get some really nice trinkets such as the Monarch Crab

Last thing, you really want to shoot for the expertise soft cap (26) as it is a great threat boost and helps survivability as well.