PDA

View Full Version : DK Tanking. Need help.

Novalok
06-18-2009, 07:44 AM
I am currently trying a blood tanking build that must be terribly flawed. I pull just 700 dps and just around 2-3k tps. It's my primary build on novalee. I am pulling more threat in my secondary dps build. I'm not sure what's up with it but any help would be awesome.

Novalok
06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
I am currently trying a blood tanking build that must be terribly flawed. I pull just 700 dps and just around 2-3k tps. It's my primary build on novalee. I am pulling more threat in my secondary dps build. I'm not sure what's up with it but any help would be awesome.

EDIT: I am completely up to the idea changing spec, glyphs anything to help my tps and help my guild. My armory can be found under my chars.

Ferfey
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
What glyphs and rotation are you using? Are there other's in the raid that provide Abom's might type buff? (enh shammy or other blood DKs). Is Imp rune tap needed for the extra healing? If not, might put it in bloody vengeance. Also, I like Epidemic because I have to refresh diseases (using glyph of disease hopefully) less often and therefore can heart strike/deathstrike more.

Novalok
06-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Ps-is-bs-bs-ds
Then ps-is-bs-bs-bs-bs-ds
I know it needs somework any help would rock

Diablo4372
06-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Ok comming from another blood DK, First and Foremost start doing some research first look up Satori's Workshop and blood spec, they are great tools to build off of.

Secondly your spec is slighty flawed missing some key points in favor of kinda eh stuff.
Third your gear needs some major upgrades. Go back to 10m Naxx and keep farming badges get some more gear and get back at it.

Tips for Roation and Spec.
Roation First,
DnD,IT, PS, Pest. Blood tap BBor HS depending on how many. Then begin Heart strikes/Deathstrikes depending on runes or if you need heals.

Glyphs:
I use the Glyph of Disease not Runestrike but yours may be better threat honestly I dont have much threat problems.

Spec:
Drop scent of blood, virulence, Spell Deflect, Will of the Necropolis, And Improved Blood Presence. 14 points
Pick up Epidemic, Blood gorged, Bloody Vengence, Subversion, Aboms might(1point)

There should be alot more threat in that build then what you have now.

Novalok
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
what pieces need upgrading etc

Molohk
06-18-2009, 10:21 AM
Regarding your spec: Bloody Vengeance, Abominations Might, and Blood Gorged are pretty big, you shouldn't skip them. Epidemic is useful, at least one point in it. Spell Deflection is really not that good, you can just skip it. Virulence is not very useful for Blood specs, ditch it as well.

For your gear, focus on upgrading your cloak, shoulders, gloves and the starter trinket. Never gem for parry, if you need to match a red socket go with expertise+stam, if you match a yellow socket go with defense+stam, expertise+hit, or hit+stam (aim for the expertise and hit soft caps). Try to get the defense trinket from HoL, it will let you play around with gems and gear.

The rotation is pretty straight forward: IT-PS-DS-HS-HS-(blood tap)HS... DS-HS-HS-HS-HS... from there, use blood runes and death runes for HS, UF runes for DS, and refresh diseases with pestilence (if you have glyph of disease) or IT-PS when needed. DC when you have more than 50 RP and you have no strikes available. And most importantly, macro /cast !Rune Strike into all your skills.

krankalank
06-19-2009, 12:01 AM
I might be able to help a bit. I've done several blood builds and finally come to a blood build that is excellent at DPS and TPS. Only slight with the build is it isn't too great at aoe tanking. My preference is the unholy dual spec which i use for aoe tanking.
If you'd like to armory my toon its "krankalank" the gear is all 25naxx or 213 level equivalent. I am currently tanking 25man ulduar with absolutely no threat issues.
if you choose thaty spec, you'll definately wanna use all the glyphs that are with it also.

Rotation is easy and doesn't change much. IT-PS-HS-HS-bloodtap-HS-DS-RS when available. when u hit 130 runic power u will runic weapon and IT-PS- and repeat.