PDA

View Full Version : Threat issues in HCs

Stumble
06-18-2009, 04:02 AM
So I did some HC farming last night with a group of 3x 2,5-3k dps, and I noticed that I constantly lost aggro when tanking 3-4 mobs. Even on a couple bosses did I lose aggro (Volkahn and the flying thingy in VH).

I tried keeping Vigilance up on the DK doing the most dps, it helped a little but I still lost aggro.

Any idea what would be the best for me to increase my threat? I don't really want to start regemming my gear because I need it for naxx (when I start doing that some more).

Armory didn't work so I'll just write down some of my stats:

I'm specced for deep wounds (15/5/51)
Defenses:
Armor: 23k
HP: 30k
Def: 541
Avoidance: 43,5%
Block: 16,8% (900 block)

Melee:
Dmg: 452-599
AP: 2391
Hit: 250
Crit: 7,5%
Exp: 9 (30 rating)

Durandro
06-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Are you Heroic Striking/Cleaving each swing? Really makes a difference, if you have the rage for it.

And do you have Armsman on your gloves? Are your hit/expertise ratings reasonably high*?

*Edit: sorry, missed that. Your hit looks fine, but you could use a bit more expertise. Would really help you keep threat.

Stumble
06-18-2009, 04:23 AM
Yeah, I barely have any white hits because of all the HS/cleave spamming. Armsman is that the +2% threat enchant? I have that one then.

One problem I notice is that I HAVE to charge in and get initial threat + the extra rage in order to maintain aggro from the start, otherwise I lose aggro and my rage just vanishes completely.

Glittersmith
06-18-2009, 04:36 AM
If you aren't raiding much Glyph of Cleave is great for extra threat on multiple mobs. Other than that TC and Shockwave on each cd, and more expertise would really help your threat.

Which glyphs are you infact using atm?

Bulk
06-18-2009, 05:21 AM
I'd say expertise is one of your biggest problems - with only 9 expertise you're going to get dodged/parried a whole lot. You should aim to get to the soft cap (27 is it?)

Stumble
06-19-2009, 07:22 AM
my armory works now!
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Talnivarr&n=Igissues)

I do have the glyph of cleave btw, and keep TC and shockwave on CD as much as possible.

Tbh, I havent really thought about expertise too much, so thats what Im going to work on from now on, while trying to hit that oh so precious 30k hp unbuffed :)

Thanks for the replies

gnomeh
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
In Heroics where DPS is WAY overgeared, sometimes its better to just let them AOE like mad and get just initial aggro so by the time they pull and it would reach them, the mob is dead. Taunt mobs going for clothies and tab tartget, concentrating and shield slamming any mob that you have a chance of losing threat on.