PDA

View Full Version : Issues with surviving

nickozrew
06-18-2009, 02:40 AM
I am having a real issue. I keep on hearing I need around 25k hp to tank heroics, and to be honest, its a battle finding the right gear. I have a few good crafted pieces and an Argent Tournament weapon, but I am unsure how to gear up for more health without doing heroics. Which is annyoing as healers decide "NOOB TANK" and aren't too keen.

Here is my armory profile: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uldum&n=Amaron)

Trinkets are one thing to replace, but I have had notoriouly bad luck with picking 'em up.

Any help greatly appreciated. :)

Daggus
06-18-2009, 03:09 AM
I think the one thing i can say to you is enchants. Look for Stam enchants for pretty much all of your gear. I don't think i saw even one enchant there.

You have your belt socekted which is good.

Also try and get hold of the titanium ring and socekt that with stam gems will be a real big boost. Can be bought from AH or crafted if you have the mats.

This post will help you http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/51535-prot-warrior-cheat-sheet.html

headknocker
06-18-2009, 08:12 AM
There's a couple of more things that you could buy to make life better:
- Waistguard of the Risen Knight
- Refined Ore Gloves
- Leg enchant for 55 stam
- Boot enchant for 24 stam
- Bracer enchant for 40 stam (try to get svala's bracers first)
- Get the trinket from regular HoL
- +22 def on breastplate
- +16 stam on cloak

veneretio
06-18-2009, 08:15 AM
As long as you don't have a lot of your gear enchanted, you'll continue to be called a noob. That's no fault of anyone's other than your own. You should have 2 professions maxed out by now as well.

Insahnity
06-18-2009, 08:39 AM
There's a couple of more things that you could buy to make life better:
- Waistguard of the Risen Knight
- Refined Ore Gloves
- Leg enchant for 55 stam
- Boot enchant for 24 stam
- Bracer enchant for 40 stam (try to get svala's bracers first)
- Get the trinket from regular HoL
- +22 def on breastplate
- +16 stam on cloak

There is no Spoon *mystically warps a metal spoon*.
There is no +16 Stam to cloak.
There is no +24 Stam to boots

There is a +22 stam to boots (my recommendation)
There is Tuskarrs (stam + speed increase, and god knows I'm slow as a paladin, which I hate when im doing VH)

There is 16 Defense (my recommendation)
There is a 22 Agi, and a cheaper 16 agi to cloak
Theres 225 armor to cloak too.

You may be def capped now, but as you replace blues with epics, you will lose def in favor of mitigation, which is why posters here are advising so many def enchants.

Other notes:
-You need a Libram BADLY. Make it your first priority when you get 15 badges.
-Your ring has a 6str gem. Regem it with a Northrend green if you are short on cash, but given the number of 24 stam gems I suspect that may not be the case
-Since you still have a blue legplate, you might consider a 45 stam/15 agi leg patch before sinking the gold into a 55stam/22 agi leg patch. Meanwhile, shoot for the epic legs from H VH, thats an easy run to get going.

headknocker
06-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Random brain fart today. Yes, ment +16 def and +12 stam.