PDA

View Full Version : Threat issues while moving bosses

Logos
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Hello fellow tankspot users :)
I have been tanking for a few months now and have quickly found solutions to most problems ive had..but one still remains-
the issue is that whenever im tanking bosses that have to be moved such as razorscale,ignis and such my threat plummets =/ i cant seem to "master" moving him and doing my rotation at the same time..a friend told me to use a macro maybe for 2-3 abilities so i can just click one button but im not sure about that..
so i was wondering if you had any suggestions and /or any similar issues yourself :)
Thank you in advance-

GalaMoridin
06-17-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't know if this will work for you but I have a key on my mouse set up to move backwards. I have two buttons on the side of my mouse. I use one for backward movement and the other for the vent PTT button. Before I set it up like that I had used the arrow keys for kiting a boss/mob. The mouse is nice because you can use the right click to steer while backing up.

Kerchunk
06-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Mastering heavy threat while moving is all about your control scheme and key bindings. You must set up, practice and eventually master a scheme that allows you easy access to all of your most important threat-generating abilities while still allowing you to move, turn and most importantly strafe.

Strafing is vital to movement-heavy tanking because it allows you to move at full run speed without turning away from the boss. Don't backpedal and never turn your back on a boss, instead, turn slightly to the side and strafe away at an angle.

Anyway, here's the scheme I use; it is by no means perfect but it does allow me a full range of motion while using all of my abilities:

qwer
asdf

1 = Devestate
2 = Shield Slam/ALT-2 Thunderclap
3 = Revenge
4 = Taunt/ALT-4 Challenging Shout
Q = Concussion Blow
W = forward/ALT-W Shield Block
E = Shockwave
R = Heroic Throw/ALT-R Disarm
A = strafe left
S = backpedal
D = strafe right/ALT-D Demoralizing Shout
F = Intervene/ALT-F Bloodrage
Mousewheel up = Charge/ALT-MWUP = Intercept
Mousewheel down = Warstmop
Mouse thumb = Heroic strike (spammable at all times)

So while I'm holding either strafe key to move a boss, I can still easily activate all of my primary threat abilities.

Once you master this, you just have to make sure you stay in melee range and don't get too far away while moving bosses (like Ignis) who stop to cast a lot and move erratically. Moving out of range is one of the worst things you can do while moving a boss as a tank (for obvious reasons).

Squirrelnut
06-18-2009, 10:54 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/41865-keybinds-you.html

+

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/41426-ideal-warrior-single-target-threat-rotation.html

=

Win