PDA

View Full Version : Blood tanking spec. comments appriciated

Thrandull
06-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Hi I've spent a while browsing these forums looking at various specs and people's thoughts on them, I've decided to go for a blood tanking spec as it looks like I'm going to be MT and OT in 25 man naxx, also my current equipment seems to lend it self to blood.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGqu0Isb0fosZdxxZ0xhh:LoiMmV)

I haven't been able to test this spec yet so any feedback is more than welcome. My current thoughts are if I should take points out of IRT and put them in Black Ice or perhaps a 2nd point in RPM?

Jaeden
06-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Don't really need Black Ice as most of your damage will be physical in nature. I'd take Blood Gorged instead tbh.

I'd Check EJ also, I'm not 100% on blood.

You might switch out your pure stam gems for dodge/stam for enhanced mitigation.

Jaeden
06-17-2009, 09:05 AM
For your current Unholy spec, I do have these recommendations:

Drop BCB, put those points into Necrosis. With the amount of Rune strikes that you should be doing , BCB won't be very cost efficient, but Necrosis procs on Rune Strike.

Drop your pet talents and take Ravenous Dead. That is a talent that benefits your strength, and be default, parry.

Drop your improved icy touch, you should have dps providing that benefit, take two of those points and finish Necrosis and put the last in 2H spec.

With as much moving as is required in fights now, I personally don't use AMZ, you could take that point and finish 2H spec.

Replace your UB Glyph with Rune Strike glyph. Rune Strike is sexy.

Molohk
06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Like Jaeden said, I'd advise taking Blood Gorged over Black Ice, I'd also move the point from Runic Power Mastery back to imp IT since you don't have that many GCDs for RP dumping, and RS will eat a lot of your RP, and the mitigation provided by imp IT is very big (assuming you don't have someone else doing TC). For the same reason as RPM, I'd take Subversion over Scent of Blood, personally I haven't really been able to pull of the DC heavy rotation, but I guess if you do a few DS instead of HS it could be worth trying.

For blood spec, Epidemic can really help smooth out your rotations, it might be worth taking over Ravenous Dead.

Thrandull
06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I've just done a couple of HCs and I'd agree that Epidemic is pretty vital. I'm seeing more dps DKs go for frost these days (as I have done myself) so I've taken out the IIT and RPM points to go for epidemic and another in IRT.
I'm not sure why I didn't see that Blood Gorged was much better than Black Ice, so I've changed that too.
Jaeden: I've kept my gems Sta so far because I've really needed it, though with the Sta boost from blood speccing it looks like I'll be able to finally get some decent dodge ones.
Thanks once again guys, I really appriciate it. - I now look like Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#jbEGqI0Isb0fooZGxZ0gG:LoiMmV)