PDA

View Full Version : Ironsoul vs. Relentless Edge

Kazeyonoma
06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
Simple question

Ironsoul - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45282) vs. Relentless Edge - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45311)

My problem is the poleaxe spec vs. Mace spec. I'm orc so no racials from either and unfortunately i'm broke, so my Edge has Berserker enchant, and the Mace will PROBABLY get the AP enchant.

Which would you recommend?

Irulan
06-17-2009, 12:51 AM
You probably already know this, but you should just use landsoul's spreadsheet that can be found here: Warrior DPS Calculation Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-warrior_dps_calculation_spreadsheet/) and load your character from the armory, then swap between the different weapons there.

It'll tell you what item is best with the rest of your gear.

Kazeyonoma
06-17-2009, 02:00 AM
I have Landsoul's Sheet, but his sheet hasn't been 100% perfected for Arms dps. Unless he's made some really recent changes, Guess it doesn't hurt to run it again, I just trust some of the members here more than some spreadsheet.

Lizana
06-17-2009, 08:52 AM
If the mace would be getting the AP enchant, and it would not hard cap you for arp, then i would go with the Polearm.

Kazeyonoma
06-17-2009, 09:37 AM
That's what I was thinking too, and I plugged in the numbers, dropping axe spec for mace and switching the two, even ASSUMING i put a berserking enchant on Ironsoul, my dps DROPS by 150.

Easy choice.

Lizana
06-17-2009, 09:40 AM
If you were to but zerking on the mace, i am seeing it being an even wash for dps if it was putting you close to the 100% passive arp area...

Tarigar
06-17-2009, 09:46 AM
I would be interested in what you find out on this. I picked up the Relentless Edge then threw zerking on it. A couple weeks later I picked up Stormedge. I didn't know if I wanted to make a switch off the bat. Due loyal guildies I had some mats fronted to get Stormedge enchanted with zerking as well. So now I have two weapons both with zerking. My crit drops about ~2% from the polearm to the axe but my ArP goes up I think close to 5%.

Now mine doesn't get as ugly as a spec switch and if the polearm is better for now I will keep stormedge on the back burner till I get another good 2h with str on it and make the switch to fury.

Lizana
06-17-2009, 09:52 AM
You an orc

Axe Specialization - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20574)

Go with axe drop some expertise (or weapon mastery) and get other stats :P

Tarigar
06-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I have no where to drop expertise. It is inherent on my gear. I am actually scratching my head trying to figure out what to switch out. I realised I screwed up my spec as well I need to drop weapon mastery since I am at 6.25% with expertise without the axe.

Lizana
06-17-2009, 09:56 AM
Log out in your arms gear so we can see it next time :p

Kazeyonoma
06-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm at something like 35% ArP from gear then 10% from Battle, and I have grim toll

So.... if i went mace i'd be at 60% innate ArP Axe i'm at 45% with 5% extra crit/crit damage.

It's weird but the SEP values flip flop when I switch weapons. I have 1.045 for ArP with relentless, and .85 with the mace. Must mean i'm over the cap?

Lizana
06-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, thats a downside to the spreadsheet, if you have a arp trinket on, it will skew the results bases on the the up time of the trinket. Its saying with the trinket proceed you wont get the full result out of more arp. And its right, but i disagree with the way it does the sep with the arp trinkets in the first place

Irulan
06-17-2009, 03:43 PM
It takes average ArP from trinket proc into consideration. Basically mace spec is wasted while your trinket is up, that's why the polearm is so much higher.

Genome852
06-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Ironsoul for slower attack speed.

Tarigar
06-18-2009, 12:29 AM
Log out in your arms gear so we can see it next time :p

Well now I regemmed/respec'd due to a drop tonight. So now I am fury. Would still like to drop some hit but I don't mind being a little bit over. I can't wait to see what the dps will be in raids. I am running 2k on dummies which was lower than my arms build but I am missing out on a big part of the enrage dmg bonus and I didn't blow any cd's. I am in my fury gear :).

Kazeyonoma
06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
Ironsoul for slower attack speed.

As much as I understand this'll bring up my slam and possibly my deep wounds numbers, going from axe spec to mace spec is probably worst than this small gain from weapon speed (in fact I think the extra crit% and crit damage actually brings UP DW damage more than "weapon speed"). Landsoul's sheet even reflects this as a 150 dps loss. So..... no.