PDA

View Full Version : Resilience + Def Rating = bad idea?

skelerena
06-16-2009, 12:34 PM
First and foremost, here is my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&cn=Pendek&gn=Zenith)

As you can see I've stacked both Resilience and Def rating to achieve crit immunity.

I have another armor set that rounds up my defense nicely to 542 but reduces my hp by 1k, my hit rating by about 50, and my armor by about 500.

Thus my reason for using PvP gear to achieve crit immunity.

It gives me added armor and hit rating, plus the bonus critical strike rating too (I'm not sure if this adds to my threat generation or not... Can anyone help clarify this please?).

Is this advisable for tanking duties in heroics?

Could it be that I am sacrificing too much avoidance by using this set-up as opposed to my 542 def gear set-up?

And with this PvE + PvP gear set up, am I ready for tanking duties in 10-man Naxx?

Do I still need to stack hit, expertise and avoidance? If so, how do I go about doing it (advise on enchantments, gems and gears are much appreciated)?

Tarigar
06-16-2009, 12:44 PM
It definetly works. I do see your spec is a little off and you are missing ot on 5% avoidance off the bat. By doing this you are missing out on ~3% avoidance. 540 def would make it 5.6% to increase dodge, parry, and chance to be missed. This is without diminishing returns. So would be better to say 2-3% avoidance.

If avoidance is a concern I would put points into deflection. Safeguard is not rely viable for PvE as you shouldn't have to intervene very often. If you are looking for a safeplace to pull points out of look into Imp DS as you won't need it as much for heroics.

I would also pick up glyph of bloodrage.(side note)