PDA

View Full Version : Tank help

Beevis
06-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Armory Link :

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Beevis)

Where to start..................
First issue is with overall threat. On single target bosses in Ulduar, I am averaging between 4 to 5k tps which is not bad but definitely on the lower end. Problem is that our dps is starting to get above 3k dps which is becoming a struggle to hold agro.

Rotation is IT, PS, OB, BS or BB, BS or BB, FS, FS , OB, OB etc.... Of course firing Deathchill piggybacked with a OB or FS is always a nice jump. I have tried to mix in Rune Strike, but imo FS is not as conditional and more reliable tps.

AE Agro especially the Thorim Arena area is a pita. Big problem is that everyone is unloading ae dps or healing. HB with Death Chill piggy backed with 2 BB's sucks everything to me but when Death Chill is on a CD, then it really is a big issue holding everything.

Fire away :) I am all ears.

Also, anyone have a good cookie cutter Blood tank build? I have been thinking about trying it but the few builds that I came up with struggled even in just heroic 5 mans.

Jaeden
06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
My room mate does some tanking Frost and is similarly specc'd as you, so I can offer some suggestions.

You no longer need PS as a Frost tank. IT is the only disease you need, which can be applied with HB if needed :P Use BB to make death runes and HB/OB the snot out of things.

Single/Multi:
HB->OB->BS/BB->BS/BB->OB/HB

When runes are on cooldown, you dump runic via Frost Strike.

Macro in Rune strike, it's free additional threat while in your rotation so you don't have to wait for oomph.

I don't know Blood, but if you want Unholy suggestions, just look at me ;)

keeprock
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Looking over your stats, and spec, I would say ignoring Rune Strike is your issue. My macroed Rune Strike makes up for 30% of my threat on a boss fight. That's a huge number to ignore.

A new weapon will also help you too.