PDA

View Full Version : [Fury V.S. Arms]:Which one is the Real Raid Spec?

hotzcubiek
06-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Hello, this is Unmercy from THE GODS, in Caelestrasz server.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Caelestrasz&n=Unmercy)
Please feel free to correct the stuff I am wrong in and give me advice in maximizing my DPS with Fury AND Arms. =)

I have been doing some research in using both Fury and Arms in 5-man Heroics, 10-man Raids, and 25-man Raids as well. I see that Arms is much better for me in 5-man Heroics, and 10-man Raids; but not viable in 25-man Raids. I see that Fury is much better in 25-man Raids, but not in the 5-man Heroics or 10-man Raids.
I think this because Fury takes a lot from Raid buffs and Arms doesn't as much as Fury. With my gear I have on right now, and specd as Arms; I do around 2.4k~2.5k DPS in Naxxramas 25-man. (With the knowledge of correct rotation) and.. I do around 2.5k~2.6k DPS in Naxxramas 25-man as a Fury... Now I know this does not prove my thought of Fury having more advantage than Arms in 25-mans very well... So this is my question, do you think that Fury is more gear dependent than Arms for DPS? I truly think so, because other Fury Warriors in my guild does 3.5k~4k DPS and they are a lot more geared than I am (also fyi, I beat this Fury warrior in DPS in 5-man Heroics :S). Lastly, do you think Fury or Arms is better for raiding 25-mans with the gear I have now?

Tonylicious
06-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Quick critique though you're probably already aware of most of this.

Spec looks decent, I might recommend moving the points out of Enrage as it rarely procs off of anything that isn't a direct attack. Assuming your Arms glyphs are in there because.. well idk. Just make sure you use WW and HS glyphs as Fury.

Your hit and expertise are off the charts. 5% hit is all you need ~164 though personally I usually run a little higher in the low 200s, your expertise should be 26 for your MH. In the short term I'd try to replace your chest and expertise ring. Also unless your plan on putting Berserking on that ID you should MH the DB. Berserking will have a better uptime in your main hand.

Gems in your belt and legs should be strength based instead of ap. (ArP may be even better, and if you're interested in checking, try out landsoul's spreadsheet. Very cool spreadsheet if you can access to Excel. Warrior DPS Calculation Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-warrior_dps_calculation_spreadsheet/))

As far as opinions of specs in raids. Movement fight will hurt Arms. In most fights in Ulduar though Arms will out perform Fury at least until top end gear (hardmodes). Arms will always have the edge on Vezax. Fury should have the edge on Hodir.

For your questions...
1. Fury is definately more gear dependant, you need to be hitting hard with your OH to sustain a rotation with high HS usage, and that high HS usage is what will propel Fury ahead of Arms in the end. :(

2. In your gear its a tough call. Your extreme hit would be of even less value (see: none) and you'd get even more expertise from mandatory talents. If you can download landsoul's spreadsheet in the link above, it'll give you a more definative answer. Given your weapons and gear I'd assume you should be doing considerably more than you are currently in either spec in 25s if you're getting full melee buffs, so keep working on your rotations and asking questions.

Chalora
06-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Here's a recent WWS:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ioDcCoNAnGw0wMB7/sum/damageDone/?s=11517&e=11731)

I'm the only dps warrior in the guild for raids, and for me, it was hard to find a raiding guild since they only really need 1 arms warrior per raid. And they usually prefer an Arms warrior since we give that 4% physical damage, bleeding, and Trauma to benefit the entire raid. If the main tank is not a warrior, we are also responsible for sundering the boss for another raid buff. I think I do pretty well when it comes to putting out pretty good DPS, and at the same time, we benefit the entire raid better as Arms than fury. I think Fury is only viable in raids if you want more than 1 DPS warrior in the raid and the Crit buff is also a bonus, but I believe Arms is the way to go to benefit the entire raid...not just yourself.