PDA

View Full Version : Few question about my Tanking gear

atrik
06-16-2009, 06:07 AM
this is my Toon
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Atrick)

I want to know what enchant i need to have on my gear and if my gear is ready for Naxx10 and if my spec is ok for tanking. Cause my guild want me to MT the new group tonight and i think my gear is not totaly ready but they said: "yes you are ok". Please help a new Prot Paly hehe:D
Oh yes! please if my gear is ok can you rate it please.

Thansk Atrick

kfealz
06-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Gear:
You're over 540 defense, so you're ready to tank Naxx10 -- it just may not be easy. I'd strongly advise running more heroics for more epics (I think VH has sweet legs, Old Kingdom has bracers, don't remember the rest atm) when you're not in Naxx.

Glyphs:
If I were you, I'd pick of Glyph of Divine Plea. If you find you are taking a lot of damage, replace one of your majors with it and keep divine plea up all the time. I recommend grabbing glyph of righteous defense, you might need it for 4 horsemen. Otherwise, stick with your current glyphs unless you feel you need the others - but i'd be ready with them.

Grab Glyph of Sense Undead for a minor - you'll be glad to have it in Naxx.

Talents:
Looks pretty good overall. My spec is a little different, but you could get by with that one.

Recommendations:
-If you don't have problems with threat, drop Reckoning.
-Drop Spiritual Attunement to 1 point - mana return will still be good, especially since you'll be getting a lot of heals until your gear gets better
-Pick up Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian - even if you never pop the ability, I like having the increased length and amount absorbed by sacred shield, which I also recommend keeping up all the time

That'd give you some extra points, which I like to put into Pursuit of Justice from the Ret tree, with any left over in Seals of the Pure from the Holy tree, but that's really up to you.

(as a reference, this is my spec The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Stonemaul&cn=Hoyb&gn=Variance) )