PDA

View Full Version : Arms looking for help?

Pupp
06-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I've been running Arms for a few weeks now and I really enjoy it, but I'm wondering with my gear if I'm missing something so I'm hoping for some advice from someone better than myself (hopefully I can pass along later!)

Here's my profile: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&cn=Pupp&gn=%C3%86ther)

Here's 2 observations I've made on my own:
- Way to much hit. To follow up on that how do I get it lower or just the gear I have?
- Expertise a bit low (10)
- Not fully enchanted on everything
- Weapon Mastery -Should I get rid of this and if I do where should it go to?

As for my DPS when testing on heroic dummy I was doing about 1600 (no shouts or other buffs). Is 1600 where I should be right now? In a H Gundrak today I did ~1400; didn't have the new boots)

I'm pretty much a button masher when it comes to rotation BUT, I try and stick to this:

Rend
Slam
Impale or Execute whenever they proc

Thanks in advance

sorn_frostmourne
06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Hi,

As Arms, I generally keep rend up 100% of the time, dont refresh it until it has completely expired as it rends on the final tick.

I hit Execute and Overpower whenever they are up but if the are up at the same time I generally hit overpower first.

I use MS whenever it is off cooldown but prioritise Overpower and Execute over MS.

If nothing is lit and everything is on C/D I spam slam until something lights up, and I dont use Heroic Strike at all.

Not sure if thats perfection but try it and see how you go.

Thedom
06-14-2009, 07:59 PM
The way I understand it, and please someone correct me if I am wrong, for arms still prioritize
- str gems over ap gem
- expertise soft cap is important (other than the obvious reasons I can't go into detail)
- armor pen is really strong for arms
- as said always keep rend up and reapply the next gcd after it drops
- the rotation I remember reading (this may have changed) was MS > Exectute > Overpower > Slam and HS when you have over 50 rage

sorn_frostmourne
06-14-2009, 08:48 PM
I generally use Overpower and Execute before MS simply because if i fire them off they have another chance to proc and I can MS before they do.

I dont use heroic strike at all (unless there is a constant AoE, Ignis, Phase 2 Mimiron) because it denies me the chance to build more rage next swing.

Str is better than ArP until a certain level for the life of me I can't remember it but with a little searching (or someone here may know it offhand) you'll find it easily.

Don't gem Arp over Str until you get to that level passively through gear alone.

Pupp
06-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Thanks for the comments. Sounds like I'm headed in the right direction, but just some fine tuning (expertise higher and need to work on rotation).

In regards to keeping Rend up, are you guys using a plugin to keep notified of this? If so what are you using?

Thanks again,

sorn_frostmourne
06-15-2009, 04:12 PM
The addon I use is "Power Auras"

I create several triggers. One is when I am in combat and my rend is NOT up on my taget, it puts a glowing green "REND" over my body.

The second is when my rend IS on my target, it puts a glowing green timer at my feet.

When Sudden Death prodcs it puts a purple countdown timer at my right shoulder, and when Overpower is up it puts a yellow timer at my left shoulder, When MS is lit up I have a white crossed swords graphic floating over my head. That way I generally dont need to look at action bars at all.