PDA

View Full Version : H AN strat?

Kurtosis
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Don't see many H 5man strats at TS, looks like almost all raid stuff now. Having trouble with Anub'arak. Only really good advice I've seen so far is from wowhead - bring a geared Resto shammy for poison and disease cleansing.

Bulk
06-14-2009, 04:43 PM
I find wowwiki is the best source for 5 man tactics: http://www.wowwiki.com/Anub'arak_(tactics)

uglybbtoo
06-14-2009, 08:05 PM
It is a fairly basic fight hence not many strats.

When he is up you tank away from the main raid so they don't eat a pound you can avoid the pound by ideally straffe sideways or running thru it but getting hit by it is not fatal just scary for healer.

When he goes under bunch up or at least move to healer because a few none elite adds come in do your aoe tank thing thunderclap, swipe, consecrate etc (depends on your tank class) then ignore them move fwd to the stair entry you came down on as 1st 2 elites should be coming down.

You face 2 adds for first time under and 2 sets of 2 for 2nd and 3rd. You must watch out for spikes forming under you but essentially you pick up the adds there, tank and spank them.

If your dps is slow on the 2 set the poison spitters who come as the second group are far more dangerous than the first set of elites so you must focus on them. They are completely stunnable and interruptable and you need to concentrate on that to minimize the poison.

Most healers I have run with know they are going to get small non elite adds throught the boss under section and run to aoe range when they have some so I can get them off them by using thunderclap or consecrate depending if I am on warrior or pally.

Its a very basic fight and usually dps die from not moving from spikes rather than poison I never felt that shaman had any real advantage in healing this.

Kurtosis
06-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Thanks Bulk. Thanks ugly, did it today and inadvertently did most of what you said, and got it, easy. Two elemental shamman with us on poison cleansing duty didn't hurt either. Even got Essence of Gossamer.