PDA

View Full Version : Titanguard or Shiver

Athros
06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I have Titanguard with blood draining on it already and just picked up Shiver last night. I'm the current MT of my guild and wondering on how i should gem/enchant it because I have seen mongoose on more and more weapons lately and have searched for a bit and can't find any current information on it. Armory is in my profile of course.

Nadir_
06-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Shiver is the highest stamina 1h tanking weapon in the game if you choose to put a blue gem in it. I'd enchant Shiver with Blood Draining and use it as your progression weapon, and then enchant Titanguard with Accuracy and use it as your threat/farm status weapon.

ItZMuRdA
06-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I'd go for Shiver as the slightly better weapon in any given situation. I'm a Dwarf, so the +5 expertise racial clearly trumps Titanguard for me, but even without the racial included I'd still say it's a slightly better weapon than Titanguard. I currently have Blood Draining on my Shiver and I was experimenting with avoidance enchants on my Titanguard (Blade Ward and Mongoose). There was no point in me putting Accuracy on my Titanguard (imho) since dropping the 5 expertise racial just to go to a weapon with Accuracy probably would be counterproductive in the threat department. Once I get Sorthalis, I'll probably put Accuracy on Shiver and Blood Draining on Sorthalis, or maybe vice versa, and keep Titanguard for my avoidance enchant.

Getting a bit off track though here, but I'd recommend using Shiver primarily and putting whichever enchant you feel serves you better in a primary MT situation (I'd recommend Blood Draining or Mongoose unless your threat is severely lacking for some reason) on that, and your alternative enchant on Titanguard.

Athros
06-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah that was what i was thinking, still cant decide if i want to put a stam gem in there or a exp/stam gem in there for the socket. I have Last Laugh with accuracy on it for my threat weapon, so i was thinking about putting mongoose on titanguard and keeping last laugh as my threat weapon because im orc. Not being a JC, what would be the better option as far as the exp/stam gem or stam gem.

Lexxaa
06-14-2009, 08:25 PM
you only get 4 hit as the socket bonus, its not really worth it.
i just went a 24 stam in my shiver with blood draining for progression tanking.