PDA

View Full Version : High Block Uses

Myrcella
06-12-2009, 11:10 PM
So, while going through some of my discarded gear, I decided to see what I could put together as a block focuses set. This got me to thinking about what encounters actually favor block. Is there a list somewhere? Is this just going to be narrowed down to various OT situations. I can't really seem to find much about it.

vonholck
06-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Well personally i use my block set for thrash, HCs and older tier content, where it shaves of alot of the damage.

For bosses, block would generally shine on fast hitting bosses, since the amount blocked is a fixed number, a block would take of a bigger percentage of each hit on a fast hitting rather than slow hitting boss. Personally i stick to my normal set for all ulduar bosses though, in which i have about 22% chance to block around 1400dmg.

Myrcella
06-14-2009, 03:37 PM
For bosses, block would generally shine on fast hitting bosses, since the amount blocked is a fixed number, a block would take of a bigger percentage of each hit on a fast hitting rather than slow hitting boss.

Yes, this was pretty obvious. I was just wondering if there was something like a list of fast swinging bosses or something anywhere. Even if there aren't any in Ulduar, this would still be useful information.