PDA

View Full Version : Just got Last Laugh

Durgot
06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
And the issues I'm having is deciding which enchant to put on it. I haven't been on for months and I missed when the new enchants were actually news, but came back fortunately landing in a guild that's progressive and willing to teach at the same time. My character is an orc warrior just so it's known in case that factors into anyone's suggestions. I'm torn on enchants.

I was thinking of going accuracy or titanium weapon chain, but I honestly don't know enough about the new enchants to discredit them yet. I'm threat focused right now but I'm slowly starting to shift towards survival through effective health and avoidance, but it's not making sense to just drop what I have so far and go that route exclusively yet.

Basically what are some of the better options and which have been generally discredited as underperforming by general consensus?

Thanks.

Alent
06-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Blood Drinking if you're in Ulduar.

Accuracy otherwise.

Durgot
06-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks, and holy cow that was fast.

Fayre
06-13-2009, 05:38 AM
I think its called Blood Draining, unless you have vampiric tendancies, though ;)

Tib
06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I don't mean to ninja this topic but I'm in the same shoes: I just got Last Laugh but I do NOT intend to go to Ulduar: Just farming Naxx once a week. I spend most of my time in 5-mans and doing old instances (MC, BWL, BT, SWP).

I had Accuracy in mind until a few minutes ago as I read about the other enchants. Can someone please suggest one to me or possibly lay out the pro's and cons of the basic tank enchants? I can't seem to find a decent guide on this.

I read into Blade Ward and I was pleased that it helped my DPS since I don't have too much survivability to worry about farming naxx... I'm not sure if this is a good idea to take over Accuracy, or if I should stick to blood drinking anyways.

Irulan
06-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't mean to ninja this topic but I'm in the same shoes: I just got Last Laugh but I do NOT intend to go to Ulduar: Just farming Naxx once a week. I spend most of my time in 5-mans and doing old instances (MC, BWL, BT, SWP).

I had Accuracy in mind until a few minutes ago as I read about the other enchants. Can someone please suggest one to me or possibly lay out the pro's and cons of the basic tank enchants? I can't seem to find a decent guide on this.

I read into Blade Ward and I was pleased that it helped my DPS since I don't have too much survivability to worry about farming naxx... I'm not sure if this is a good idea to take over Accuracy, or if I should stick to blood drinking anyways.

The procrate on blade warding is too low for it to be any good.
Blood draining is really nice for progression content.
Accuracy is good for threat.
Titanium Weapon chain is also an option for threat if you're low on hit.
Mongoose / 26 agi work if you want to go cheap.

Tib
06-16-2009, 07:23 AM
The procrate on blade warding is too low for it to be any good.
Blood draining is really nice for progression content.
Accuracy is good for threat.
Titanium Weapon chain is also an option for threat if you're low on hit.
Mongoose / 26 agi work if you want to go cheap.

Thank you for that outline, but I've decided to go with an offensive style enchant on the weapon. This has elliminated Blood Draining and we can safely knock out the cheap alternatives, I'm quite certain I can afford any of the above enchants.

This leaves:
Blade Warding
Accuracy
Titanium Weapon Chain

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Borris)

I know I'm off by one defense after removing my red sword, but don't worry too much about it.

Looking at the other stats, do you think I need more hit? (The question is designed to test the integrity of the weapon chain option). I'm going to research this myself as well, so don't think I'm just sitting here like a lazy lump expecting answers :P

Accuracy seems to help out hit as well, so if I need only a little hit, this may be the viable alternative.

Blade Warding I've heard from a few reports does about 1% of your total damage. I think it would be interesting to calculate my average damage over a long span to see how much accuracy will affect that and compare blade warding's increase in DPS to that.

Would that be the only real way to see if it's the right enchant for me?

Edits:

I've done some quick math and am looking for more accurate Blade Warding wws stats, but so far I can see (based on 1000 dps)

DPS 1000

Accuracy - 1013.494
Weapon Chain - 1008.75 DPS
Blade Ward - 1010 DPS

This calculation is based on 32 hit rating = 1% dps increase and 44 crit = 1% dps. (No official source to this, just asked a warrior dps I trust... some back up to these numbers may help the calculation ;) )

Lizana
06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Accuracy is better dps than Blade ward. Putting a shield spike on your shield is greater dps than blade ward.

Tib
06-16-2009, 10:02 AM
Accuracy is better dps than Blade ward. Putting a shield spike on your shield is greater dps than blade ward.

I actually laughed :P

I've found a few WWS figures for this, I'm gonna look for a few more when I get a bit more time later before I make a decision on it.

Shield Spike is something I wanted to put on my shield later on when I fill up my gear with enough defense to afford it.

Edits:

All right, the DPS out of Blade Ward is literally laughable. Sorry for doubting you, TankSpot and everyone that replied.

I'm getting about .39% dps increase out of using Blade Ward, and about 1.3494% dps increase from Accuracy.

I know what chant I'm getting tonight ;)