PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave bugged?

Sporr
06-12-2009, 09:25 PM
Anyone else having this experience? On Kologarns rubble, I get the add duty. I TC to gather em, back up, use SW, and...nothing. Wasn't a problem when we did it a week ago. One of the other people in the raid was saying that his vehicle's cone attack was bugged as well.

bujingai
06-13-2009, 07:05 PM
i noticed it too. Did a naxx run yesterday and shockwave didnt do any damage even if the target is immune to stun. Did a shockwave on the bunch of small spiders and do you know whats the damage it dealt? 150dmg per spider .. WTF

Accersitus
06-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I just tanked in 10-man Ulduar, and noticed that my Shockwave did no damage until I reloaded the zone if I used it on a mob immune to stun.
The weird part is that if I used Shockwave on stunable trash after using it once on a boss, the trash were stunned, but there was no mention of any damage from Shockwave in the combatlog, and the mobs were still at 100%HP. If I used a teleporter/died it would work normaly untill I used it on a mob immune to stun.

Kerg
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
I noticed this, too, last night in Ulduar 10. Not sure if it was actually doing the damage or not, but no numbers appeared on top of the mobs in Hodir's hallway. There was a thread about this not too long ago. I think it's actually doing the damage, but not showing up. It's a bug.

Kerg
06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
"... we're currently investigating these reports."

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> [Bug] Shockwave (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17730263181&postId=177283877605&sid=1#0)

tlhovis
07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
i had this same issue all through Ulduar last night, its ridiculous. About to put that talent point elsewhere for now

Hypatia
07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Well. That explains what I was seeing the other night. Awesome.

Kazeyonoma
07-09-2009, 01:39 PM
strange i haven't been getting this error at all

in fact against kologarn and a few other bosses, i was able to hit the boss AND arms/adds with shockwave while tanking right in front of them.

Krisby
07-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I noticed this too at random times in Freya's room. Id Shockwave right next to all the plants and nothing....not even when the big plant dies :(.

Hypatia
07-09-2009, 05:45 PM
It's worth noting that the Ulduar that I had this problem in was the same one where many of us discovered that our Siege Engines' ram ability was knocking things back but not doing any damage. I don't know that I'd ever seen the problem before.

Dustywt4
07-10-2009, 08:36 AM
I noticed this as well on the Freya (10) adds/trash. I my stun effect still seemed to work, but it seemed to damage only one plant in the group for a very low amount. We also had trouble on Flame Leviathan for the first time since 3.1 popped. What gives?

Hypatia
07-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Last night, things seemed back to normal. This kind of intermittent bug is annoying. :X Hopefully it'll be a long time before I see it again, but I just know it'll be one of those "Man, that was a rough raid. Looking back at the end of the night, I realized my SW wasn't dealing damage, and that was why I was so piss poor holding aggro the whole evening" things.

Ibumar
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
We've had issues with Shield Bash on Vezax all night. I actually have in my log a line that reads my Shield Bash interrupted the Searing Flames, and a few lines later it shows me getting hit by them.

Had some similar strange issues on Assembly of Iron when I was just hold the caster back in the room. Would Conc. Blow him, get him into the stun animation and a second later the chain lightning goes of.

This all seems to have started happening when they did network upgrades to our server on the last maintenance (Tanaris):(

Dustywt4
07-15-2009, 09:38 AM
I noticed during Auriaya last night that shockwave is still broken. Any word if this will be fixed or is a permanent bug?

Sporr
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
the following week (for me) it was working fine, not sure what the deal is.