PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar Tank Gear

Kaellyni
06-12-2009, 08:02 PM
It seems to me that a lot of the new tank gear in Ulduar is more focused toward defense, dodge, and getting tanks hit capped which is great but I see hardly any gear with parry.

Should we be gemming for parry now or is the +hit on our gear making Accuracy pointless in which case tanks should now enchant their weapons with Blade Ward?

Dhalphir
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM
There's nothing special about parry, it does exactly the same job as dodge except it takes more itemlevel points to do so.

Kaellyni
06-12-2009, 08:27 PM
but while parry is not more important than dodge its still good to have and it seems to me that it being mainly eliminated from gear choice in ulduar, plus since parry does the same as dodge, if you have a 23% dodge chance, and a 19% parry chance, would the parry and dodge kinda stack for mitigation meaning you would be very hard to hit or am I just looking at this the wrong way?

Dhalphir
06-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Obviously yes they stack, but you could get rid of that 19% parry and have an extra 19% dodge and that would be the exact same thing.

Hypothetically speaking, that is...you are never going to have 0% chance to parry, but you always want to have dodge rating over parry rating because, excluding diminishing returns, you get more dodge from dodge rating than parry from parry rating.

Kaellyni
06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
kk ty :)
however am i still correct in assuming that with the influx of hit on gear, accuracy should be replaced with blade ward?