PDA

View Full Version : Prot warrior needing some guidance

Colossuspc
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Hey guys, i've recently been trying to gear up my tanking spec to be able to tank pre-ulduar heroic raids, and hopefully soon progress further into raiding. Though, i still have some questions and i'll cut to the chase:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=Colossuspc&gn=The+Players+Club)

I feel i am sacrificing alot of health enchants, replacing them with defense ones to barely wade above the defense cap, is it better to gem for defense or enchant for it? And what are the encounters that I still cannot MT with my current spec and gear?

Any advice is welcome.

vonholck
06-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Well hitting the def cap can be a bitch at lower gear lvls, but generally enchanting for it (just like you did) should be the best solution. Once you get better gear you will experience getting def capped beeing less of a problem and you can eventually switch to stam enchants.

If you where to gem for it you would have to give up 4 x 24 stam gems and a mixed one to stay capped (not taking bonuses into considderation), effectively loosing 108stam. From this you could gain 58 stam, 275 health and 22 agi, and this would be using 18stam on shield which i personally considder inferior to the block plating.

So my suggestion would be sticking to the def enchants for now, and change them along the way as you get better gear.

On a general note i would change your glove enchant to Armsman and boot enchant to tuskarr's vitality, but thats not extremelly excential.

hope it helps :)

EDIT: While i still stick to what i wrote before i noted a single exception. Even though it would seem like a bit of a money waste considdering the quality of your current bracers, you could change one of your stam gems (would suggest the one in your belt, since that wont effect a bonus), to a 16 def gem, that will make it possible for you to get 40 stam on bracers while staying above the cap.