PDA

View Full Version : Prot war check up please :D

ibles
06-12-2009, 04:15 AM
ok basicly im starting to raid on my war as prot and im kinda hesitant about both my gemming and spec would really love to hear some input

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=%C3%9Fb)

Aethelas
06-12-2009, 05:08 AM
By the looks of things you're mostly doing naxxramas and the likes right?

Talent wise I'd say you don't need 5/5 of the block talent. Most of us get by with 2/5 - block is a decent mitigation stat but it's not so good I'd go out of my way to get it. Also is not having warbringer a deliberate choice? To me it's one of those talents I would really hate to miss out on. The mobility really is worth that one talent point. I'd advise dropping 3 block points, getting warbringer and either spend the 2 remaining points in cruelty or in improved shieldwall (together with the glyph) for on demand surviveability.

Gearwise you're in a decent position by the look sof things. I'd change my metagem to the 32 stam/2% armor one. I'd also try and get a hold of a decent tanking weapon (heroic utgarde pinacle, naxx 10, naxx 25 come to mind). I'd also ditch the parry trinket if you have something better, the badge dodge trinket or the stam trinket from Azjol Nerub. I didn't really spot any (other) gaps in your gems or enchants.

All in all it is hard to guess what you'd want to do though. What's your aim? will you go further into progression, headfirst into Ulduar? Or will you still be doing T7 content? That'll help to tailor the advice to a more survival oriented specc, or perhaps a more threat oriented specc.

Hope that helps - Good luck!

ibles
06-12-2009, 06:12 AM
well i am our guild's current OT and we are trying to get uld down, and is Broken promise that inferior to slayer/red sword? Because i have deep wounds the dots would be hiting for alot more and they changed the rage mech so that weap speed doesnt play that much of a difference for rage generation.

Aethelas
06-12-2009, 06:19 AM
There's plenty of discussion on these forums on the topic. As far as I've experienced about 30% of my damage total (so roughly 30% of my threat total) would be heroic strike. Heroic strike simply scales with faster weapons - more swings are more heroic strikes equalling more threat and damage. Deep wounds is currently 10% of my damage total, buffing that a little would allready give me a lesser return.

Only circumstance I'd use broken promise for would be offtanking in an extremely low rage scenario - where you'd want your devastates and such to be hitting for as much as possible.

Short anwser: Yes the heroic sword or the naxx 10 sword will outperform broken promise on nearly every occasion.