PDA

View Full Version : Getting low on Block rating...

Sady
06-11-2009, 07:42 PM
So my main spec is healing for my guild however I have pretty good tank gear and recently we've been having some issues with tanks not making raids for various reasons and I have been filling in from time to time.

This week I got quite a few good upgrades, however 4 of the 5 upgrades I got have no block rating/value on them and replaced items that did.

I was sitting at:

31,884 Unbuffed HP
540 def
22.06% Dodge
17.63% Parry
24.75% Block

If I change all 5 pieces I get:

33,274 Unbuffed HP
541 def
23.91% Dodge
18.80% Parry
14.26% Block

Is this 10% block significant enough to switch out some of the pieces to balance it? or does the HP and AV buff make up for it?

Currently I'm gemmed/enchanted purely for stam, with the exception of threat on gloves and defense on shield back and chest. Any advice would help.

Irat
06-11-2009, 08:06 PM
It really depends what set you are wearing, you should be looking at collecting a Stam set, and Avoidance set and a block set. In your block set you should be aiming at getting un-hittable first and then concentrating on BV. In the other two sets BR is ok if you can reach unhittable but really isn’t a priority.

Of course the off shoot to this is learning when to wear each set but if you dig through the forums there is plenty of info out there about this.

Cant really say much else without seeing your gear set.

Fayre
06-12-2009, 02:48 AM
What have you been tanking?