PDA

View Full Version : Northern Barrier?

Lett
06-11-2009, 09:47 AM
Last night the Northern Barrier shield dropped from Hodir. Currently in our main raid, I am the only tank that would need, however I passed on it because at the time I thought it would be best served to sell and wait for it to drop again (worth 12-15k on our server) and I also thought it wasn't a big upgrade over Wall of Terror. However, after seeing gear pieces, I realize now I will be hurting for expertise/hit gear deep into ulduar hard modes. My question is this: is it worth while to go back on telling the GM to sell it or not?

cen1
06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I would personally take this shield over many of the other options from ulduar. As you said, the latter gear pieces really lack expertise, so I found this shield to be a keeper.

gartun
06-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Take it IMO. No telling when you'll see the one from Hard Mode Hodir or 25 man Algalon.

I was lucky enough to get the Hodir hard shield the very next day after i received norther barrier. I swap between them a lot in diff situations.

Great shield!

Rak
06-11-2009, 11:18 AM
The defense upgrade alone is worth it because you will desperately need it as you keep upgrading to Ulduar gear.

Fayre
06-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Take it, you really won't regret it.

Halandir
06-11-2009, 11:47 AM
take it, it looks good!

jk, I agree with the other replies here. It's definitely worth holding onto.

Vassilly
06-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Take it. Think of it this way. You could push your def so high that you may be able to drop signet of the impregnable for something with more avoidance and hp. Just an example it could let you make lots of decisions along that line tho.

Lett
06-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided to ask for it and got it!! =D