PDA

View Full Version : Paladin: tank Glyph

Hoadron
06-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Is Glyph of salvation worth it?

glyph of salvation: 20% reduced damage taken when hand of salvation is activated on yourself.

I usually taunt and gain all my aggro back anyways, and add tanks (OT) usually don't have to fight for aggro as i've found. Even though i do go all out every fight and every pull.

Erichilles
06-11-2009, 09:01 AM
I use it, 2% threat lost every 2 seconds isn't terribly bad, but it's not just "10% threat" it depends on how far into the fight you are. if you pop it on the pull and you shield slam crit something, generating 10k threat and then it ticks, well you lose 2%, which is just 2k threat, however if it's midway through a boss fight and you have 500k threat, 2 % is going to be 10k threat. However, even with warlocks and mages that manage to produce outrageous amounts of threat, i still use it. A ranged dps can go at least 10% over you in threat before pulling. Most of the time on fights where dps is buffed, like hodir hard mode and and vezax, the mages will get right on my tail, then pop mirror image along with all their dps cooldowns/trinkets, and just fly past my threat, and a few seconds before mirror image is up, they pop invisibility and dump their threat. Warlocks are kind of the same only i think you can only soul shatter once per fight

Mutt
06-11-2009, 09:41 AM
i agree with Erichilles

Stephanius
06-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Uhm...no.

10% lead gives aggro to melee range, 30% for ranged.
2k is 20% of 10k, not 2%. =]