PDA

View Full Version : Pally tank, low avoidance?

Hoadron
06-10-2009, 11:46 PM
hey, Im running ulduar with the guild (6/14 bosses down)

But it seems like im low on Avoidance...

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&n=Hoadron)

I have:
30k hp
18.8 dodge
18.8 parry
17.26 block
Exp capped with the seal

what am i doing wrong O.o?

Martie
06-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Considering you are in mostly heroic/naxx10 gear, nothing.

Upgrade the gear and it'll get better.

Your health is nicely high for your gear level, though.
One tip I could give you is checking if putting some matching gems in the sockets that give you a stamina socket bonus would help - if a dodge/stamina gem gives you the socket bonus, you don't lose the full stamina from the gem while you do gain some other stats.
(So it's not 8 dodge rating/12 stamina vs 24 stamina, it's 8 dodge rating/18 stamina vs 24 stamina.)

MrDuck
06-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Basically, what martie says. According to your gear, if you wanna keep this high stamina, you'll need lots of upgrades to get more avoidance.

However, replace that expertise gem in your shoulders, not only you're far above the expertise soft-cap if you have SoV glyph, but it's still not worth almost any threat at all (if you want threat, strength, hit, block value are much better for threat, expertise isn't worth much at all for paladin).

I would suggest socketing to match the color, 8dodge/12stam in red, 8def/12stam in yellow, but it's quite arguable and I'm sure tons of people will disagree. However, I see it as a good way to keep stats in some balance.