PDA

View Full Version : What am i doing wrong ?

Nisey
06-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello,

I have a DK level 80 i have descent defence gear but i seem to be getting hit very hard i have 29.5k hp unbuffed / 543 def /24% Dodge/ 17.5% Parry.

My Armory Link
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Nisey)

Speq:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Nisey&group=1)

I dont know if im not ready to tank VOA 25 yet but i was getting hit for about 25k/28k a hit is there something i could do to help that ?

Thanks for your time

vonholck
06-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Well I am not an expert on DKs at all, but from my pow the only thing that can lower those hits are armor and frost precense.

On armory you have 16k armor which seems low (Dont know if it takes in your current precence in the calculation though)

So the question is which precense do you use, and if its not frost, then change it to that, will have an tremendeous impact on the damage you take.

If thats not the thing, I really dont know, but once again, I dont really know much about DKs :)

Nisey
06-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I use frost presence i have 26k armor i had about 28-29 but since patch it came down alot

thanks for the fast reply

vonholck
06-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I use frost presence i have 26k armor i had about 28-29 but since patch it came down alot

Well i thought so, since its not really rocket sience :)

Sorry i cant help you further, you will have get hold of some actual DK tanks to get better advice :)

Kurtosis
06-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Nisey, you need to log out in you tank gear so your armory shows it. It's currently showing your pvp set.

Also, where were you getting hit for 25k-28k? That's so high it sounds like something's wrong, like you forgot to switch into Frost Presence or put on your tanking gear, or walked into a dungeon you were very undergeared for.

Nisey
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Sorry about that hehe ill log out on tnaking next time

keeprock
06-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Wow Heroes had a cached copy of your gear, and the gear is very good. 4piece T7 and other naxx25 stuff. Definitely more than enough for VoA25, and more than I'm wearing when I do VoA25 successfully.

I would guess that hybrid tank spec your using is the problem. Your missing some important defense talents. Anticipation, Frigid Deathplate and Blade Barrier stand out immediately.

Emalon does hit extremely hard and fast. Maybe your not avoiding enough hits and getting hitting 2 or 3 times in a row? I'd look into a picking up those defense talents. Your avoidance in that gear is still better than mine but I still suspect it's your missing talents. Or as was mentioned before, something simple like not tanking in Frost Presence.

Nisey
06-11-2009, 12:01 PM
i was going hybrib because i cause way more aggro that way the other speq i had didnt generate to mutch aggro and players where pulling off me maybe my rotations where not done correctly. Thanks for the fast reply at lease i know my gear should be enough to tank that easy

Molohk
06-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Not sure what you mean when you say "getting hit real hard", do you mean you are getting hit harder than other tanks with similar gear? Are you getting hit hard just in your hybrid spec or also in your unholy spec?

1) As keeproc said, your hybrid spec isn't really a tanking spec, you need at 5 points in blade barrier, toughness and anticipation to call it a tanking spec.

2) If you're not doing it already, make sure you're positioning yourself correctly, that means don't let mobs hit you from behind (you can't parry from behind).

3) Unless you have someone else doing the thunderclap debuff, get improved Icy Touch. It makes a big difference in incoming damage.

keeprock
06-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Another reason you could get hit for that much is if you turn your back to him when your moving away from him or moving him into position. DK tanks can never turn their back to any bad guys or we lose alot of our avoidance and bad things happen.

Ok Molohk just said that ^^^. I posted the same time, that's why it's here twice. (Plus it's important!) :)

Nisey
06-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Ok thanks for the answers guys i whent from 28k hits to 18k hits by changing speq im frost speq now and its working better for the aggro i only have 213 hit raiting im gona try to cap it so i hit more often it will help two