PDA

View Full Version : Current spec vs Mouse spec from DK.info vs Frost

rottenpossum
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Trying to be descriptive in my title to really explain what I'm looking at/for.

I'm currently spec'd as a blood tank and have been from ~lvl 72 through 80. I've so far successfully tanked several heroics and provided OT duties in 10/25 man naxx with the exception of Patchwerk where I was MT.

Here come my questions. After lots of reading today I'm wondering if I might should consider, based on my gear, to switch to a Frost spec due to the increased mitigation/avoidance that it offers or have I already passed that threshold where Blood tanking is no longer considered "hard to survive" and have the gear to back it up at my current range of raiding. My main concerns are: do I have enough hit points to allow that type of change, and learning a new rotation for a new tank spec. The second concern is a very minor one at most.

If my gear is enough to support blood spec, my 2nd question, and one I'm leaning towards is to switch to the other blood spec I have listed below. It seems that it may provide a better use of talent distribution than what I am currently using.

I understand that my glyphs need adjusting, especially the minor ones being as I have none.

My current spec and character can be found here: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Mujer)

Mouse's spec from deathknight.info here: http://tr.im/o36n

and unknown frost spec at this time.

Thanks for the input and time to review.

rottenpossum
06-11-2009, 06:06 AM
With current gear and current spec I ran Construct quarter last night providing MT capabilities for Patchwerk & Gluth. I think I'm going to try the alternate blood spec since the healers seem to be able to keep me alive by and large, assuming I don't miss my cooldowns. I'd still really like to hear what you guys think about the above questions. I can't really find a definitive line of where blood tanks are "accepted"